12 week scan heart rate of 188?

That sounds like the testing they want me to have done for my level II scan. Do they automatically test for the Y chromosome?

I'm not 100% if they do automatically but I know they ask while drawing the blood if you want to know the gender. I think that maybe they do tho because they look for x-linked chromosomal syndromes so maybe it's something they determine whether or not we elect to know?

Do you think you'll have it done eris or take a pass? My friend took a pass which I totally understand. I guess I just wanted to know what I was in for either way so I went for it....that and insurance covered it because I'm an old lady lol.

I'm not sure yet if I will or not. It stresses me out thinking about it and then I get all emotional and start blubbering. haha I have my next OB on Monday and I know that's when they are going to order the tests so I guess I have until then to think about it?

How old are you? I'm 35 so that's why they are wanting me to do the tests. Did you have to do the level II ultrasound?

I'm not sure yet if I will or not. It stresses me out thinking about it and then I get all emotional and start blubbering. haha I have my next OB on Monday and I know that's when they are going to order the tests so I guess I have until then to think about it?

How old are you? I'm 35 so that's why they are wanting me to do the tests. Did you have to do the level II ultrasound?

I'm 36 and will be 37 when nugget is born. I'm sorry but unsure what a level 2 scan is but I feel like I've had a dozen scans when I have had 8 now I think lol. Don't stress it Eris if you don't want to do it then take a pass. You don't need stress right now just some happy thoughts and lots of rest lol!

I was told that the level II scan is just a more intensive biophysical profile scan. Takes much longer than a regular scan I guess. I thought it would be something that could be done at the office, but they said I would have to go elsewhere for it and when I asked where the nurse told me I would have to go down to either New Port Richey or Dade City. I'm up in Spring Hill so while it's not that far, it's not that close either.

I was talking to OH about it and he says as long as it's not an amnio or anything that involves sticking a needle anywhere near the baby he's okay with it, but its ultimately up to me.

I was told that the level II scan is just a more intensive biophysical profile scan. Takes much longer than a regular scan I guess. I thought it would be something that could be done at the office, but they said I would have to go elsewhere for it and when I asked where the nurse told me I would have to go down to either New Port Richey or Dade City. I'm up in Spring Hill so while it's not that far, it's not that close either.

I was talking to OH about it and he says as long as it's not an amnio or anything that involves sticking a needle anywhere near the baby he's okay with it, but its ultimately up to me.

Wow eris you aren't even an hour from me I'm in Dunedin lol. I used to drive through Spring hill quite a bit with a previous job. Love going up that way for float trips (in the summer of course lol). Btw I looked it up and yes I'm getting a level 2 scan it look like. They mentioned doing a scan around 20 weeks and if I read correctly a level 2 scan is a scan between 18-22 weeks that can determine any issues more accurately because of the growth at that time. Good luck hun and enjoy the warm up we're going to get in the next few days!

I will totally have to ask if my insurance will cover the free fetal cell dna test! I found some info on it, but doesn't look like I fall in the category that I'd be offered this test.

https://mydoctor.kaiserpermanente.org/ncal/Images/GEN_NIPT_5-13_tcm63-678799.pdf

I will totally have to ask if my insurance will cover the free fetal cell dna test! I found some info on it, but doesn't look like I fall in the category that I'd be offered this test.

https://mydoctor.kaiserpermanente.org/ncal/Images/GEN_NIPT_5-13_tcm63-678799.pdf

Before I found out I was covered with my insurance I was shopping the price to see what the out of pocket would be. I was told by someone who wasn't covered and had the Panorama version of the test that they will reduce the price to $150 if your insurance won't pick it up. Not bad considering it usually cost at least $795!

It's something to look into and try to negotiate if you can. My insurance only just stared covering it at different levels just recently. They determined it was cheaper for them (go figure lol) than the amniocentesis or cvs procedures that they currently have to pay out for. Unsure about Kaiser as of course we don't have that here in Fl. Good luck and hopefully you will be able to get it done if you want to chica!

Wow eris you aren't even an hour from me I'm in Dunedin lol. I used to drive through Spring hill quite a bit with a previous job. Love going up that way for float trips (in the summer of course lol). Btw I looked it up and yes I'm getting a level 2 scan it look like. They mentioned doing a scan around 20 weeks and if I read correctly a level 2 scan is a scan between 18-22 weeks that can determine any issues more accurately because of the growth at that time. Good luck hun and enjoy the warm up we're going to get in the next few days!

Oh man, I love Dunedin. I've actually been craving food from Casa Tina! Spring Hill is okay, but not a whole lot going on up here. haha

Yeah, I was told they wanted to do the scan at 18 weeks, but then the nurse said no they want it done at 17 weeks. I was confused, but okay!

I'm also very much enjoying the warming trend we are back on! I've been SO cold lately. I dunno about you, but in the very beginning I was so hot and then it felt like all the heat was sucked out of me and stuffed into my uterus. Pregnancy is fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->