12 week scan in 7 days and seriously scared!

ttcbambino#1

Mummy to 2 monkeys
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Before I vent, I don't want to spread negative PMA, just need a bit of a virtual slap to get my head out of the panic it's in!!! So look away if you don't want to be exposed to my madness!

I am absolutely petrified about my 12 week scan next Tuesday. I know it's normal to be worried and nervous, but for some reason I've got into my head that it can only be bad news. I don't know if I do this as some sort of self protection so that if it is I've prepared myself or if I'm just being too negative and need a good telling off!

When I was admitted for the suspected ectopic on 24/25 Nov, all the staff prepared me for the worse and it was such a relief when we were given the all clear, but I've been up and down emotionally since. I know that the chances statistically of anything being wrong after seeing the hb at 8+2, and since on a doppler are very low, but sometimes I can't keep a lid on my worries. Then last Monday I fell down the stairs and over the last few days all of the few symptoms I've had have really started to ease. I've had no indication that something is wrong, I've just got myself soo wound up.

I don't like to post about negative feelings often as I know it can have a negative impact on everyone else, but I'm at my wits end. Hubby is so fed up with me worrying and says it makes him anxious when I keep going on so I've been bottling it up. I find I can see the positive in everyone's elses situation, but not my own, whats wrong with me!!!

Thanks for letting me rant, really needed to put this down in writing or I'll explode with worry! Sorry and hugs to anyone who feels bad after reading this post, no harm was intended x

i dont wanna go for my scan either.
with my 1st i was so niave that i thought it was just a scan to see if baby was alive, little did i know they were looking for abnormalities but by the time i realized, id already had the scan and all was fine...
im scared for my12 week scan because i know what they'll be looking for :(
i have heard baby on doppler too, every morning and had a scan too at 8 weeks 2 days but like you im not taking this as everything being ok... just incase when i have my scan, its not :(
i cant try reassure you because im facing the same fears :(
:hugs:

I think it's quite normal to be feeling apprehensive hun it's such a scarytime for us all and it's something that's completely out of our hands and that lil white tick over our tummies either makes or breaks our world. I dont know what to suggest to help you relax coz i'd feel a bit hypocritical coz i know i'll be feeling the same when i get my scan date. All i can sa is if you've not had any adverse symtpoms then at this moment in time there's nothing to suggest anything bad has happened. Try and keep yourself distracted and surround yourseld with people that make you feel good sending oodles of hugs xxxxx

Thanks ladies, I knew I wouldn't be alone! I think I'm just letting myself get so overwhelmed I'm not doing me or the cashew nut any good. Big hus to us all :hugs: :hugs:

Often makes me wonder whether these extra sensitive prenancy tests are a good idea coz yrs ago women were often 3-4months pregnant beforer they ever found out, sure would reduce a lot of anxiety lol but then i just LOVE knowing hehe :) I'm sure everything will be fine hugs xxxx

Even after having my scan I am in disbelief that the baby I saw on screen happy and wriggling away is in me!! I was convinced when I went that my tummy would be empty - even after having ms for about 6 weeks!!

You need to not beat yourself up so much about being worried, and try embracing it more. Worrying is just the sign of a good mother-to-be who already wants the best for their baby and for their baby to be safe. There is nothing wrong with how you feel whatsoever. What you need to try and remember though, is that you have no control over what the outcome of the scan will be and that no matter how much you worry or don't worry some things are just out of our hands.

As you said things look very positive for you especially after seeing the heartbeat so try to hang on to this thought but it's only natural you will still worry. And believe me, as soon as the scan is over with you will be worrying for the 20 week one. DH and I were lying in bed last night and I said "the worrying is never going to stop now is it?...I won't take anything for granted until I'm holding this baby in my arms...and then all the worrying will start about trying to keep them safe in the big wide world"!! We both smiled as we realised we are parents now :) xxxx

It's true about the worrying, I was talking to my nan last night and she still worries about her kids and of course they're all full grown adults and in my mum's case going to be a granny (fingers crossed)!!

I'm the same as you, so perhaps we can give each other a virtual slap! I had a scan at 9+1 and saw a happy wiggling baby and strong heartbeat. I've also got a doppler and have been able to pick up the heartbeat at home. I think the thing that's making me worse is the fact that there's been some terribly sad news on this forum over the last few days. My scan is next Monday, and it just seems so far away. But we wouldn't be good Mummy's if we didn't worry would we?!

Miss Kitty - slap on it's way!!! Next week does feel like such a long time to wait, I have nothing planned this weekend either so it's going to drag in :wacko:
There does seem to be very sad news around at the moment, I just can't imagine what those ladies must be going through :cry:. It makes me so worried about my cashew nut, thats probably really selfish of me :blush:.

Laurlora - wow 2 days you must be feeling a bit of the same?

Good luck to everyone, give us an update, have everything crossed for us all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->