12 week scan question

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
Just had my scan and was dated at 12 weeks, baby was wriggling about and all looked good, we even got a peak in 4d! But I can't see the cord? And it still says yolk sac seen, should I be worried I thought the placenta took over at this stage.

image.jpg

There is my 4d pic. :)

Sometimes the yolk sac is still present at 13 and 14 weeks. Don't worry :)

As far as the cord, it just depends on the view of the ultrasound and angle. It's obv there, since baby is doing well. Try not to stress xx :)

Is there any way that the placenta/cord wouldn't develop?

I'm worrying myself sick here :(

If the ultrasound tech didnt have any concerns, then everythi g should be alright. Gorgeous baby!

Hun your baby wouldn't be alive at all if the cord didn't develop. Honestly if you haven't heard anything about any problems by now from your dr, everything is fine! :)

At my 2d/3d 20 week scan it was hard for me to recognize the cord. I only recognized it once cause she grabbed it with both her hands.

I feel such a fool now :blush: lol. I will try and relax from now :)

Hey mummy to be! I just had my scan a few days ago at 12+5 and the tech showed me the yolk sac to! I was surprised it was there but don't worry the placenta and cord was all there to so all is well. I guess it just takes a while to go away??? I'm not really sure but I was told everything was perfect :)

Cute :)
I wouldn't worry about like, like previously said, the tech/doctor would have said something if they thought there was a problem!
It was probably just the angle or something, the cord is there!

Were you able to find out the sex or was it still too early?

I think it's also to do with the way the 3d images work. I had one of my son at around 20 weeks and a few of the pics showed like a big crack in his forehead and another picture he was missing his nose!! I think it's just to do with the quality of the pic and what the tech manages to capture (my son was born perfectly - no crack in his forehead and lovely button nose!)

Thanks ladies, I'm such a worrier!

No we couldn't find out the sex, too early we go back at 16 weeks to find out though, exciting!!!

I think it's also to do with the way the 3d images work. I had one of my son at around 20 weeks and a few of the pics showed like a big crack in his forehead and another picture he was missing his nose!! I think it's just to do with the quality of the pic and what the tech manages to capture (my son was born perfectly - no crack in his forehead and lovely button nose!)

That is so true! My baby looks "cracked" in these pictures

Attachments

• 20140530_150615.jpg
    20140530_150615.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 8

Ahh, how cute!!!! :baby:

Ahh, how cute!!!! :baby:

Thanks, your baby is a doll too :flower:

I had a scan at 9 weeks saw placenta and cord baby still had yolk sac too think the yolk sac stays till the placenta fully takes over.
Don't worry it's the angle of baby you don't see everything every time they would have said if there was a prob your baby looks great :) trust me it's definitely got a cord and placenta somewhere :)

Emma

Congrats, you've had your 12 week scan, you can get excited now, you're out of the danger zone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->