12 week scan today - so nervous!

redlemonade

Reaction score
I can't wait for my scan this afternoon but I'm also really nervous. I'm scared that there will be something wrong with the baby or that she/he will have stopped growing. My brother and SIL had a MMC at 12 weeks and it has me so scared that the same will happen for us.

I don't think my anxiety is helped by the fact that I'm insanely stressed from work the last few weeks. I feel like I'm just not coping but don't want to admit defeat. I'm getting terrible headaches which I think are partly hormonal but mainly stress related. That can't be good for my baby :(

Roll on this afternoon! Please keep your fingers crossed that all will be ok!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and I totally understand how you feel, even without the mmc in my family.
I had a horrible dream tonight as well.
Don't worry though! Your previous scan went great so this one will most likely go great too. Keep reminding to yourself that this is a support forum, and that is why we read about so many mc and mmc. It is not that common in the average population.
I am sorry it has been hectic at work :( We have been struggling financial this month, due to unexpected expenses and I had added stress about it as well, but that is now out of the way :) I hope that things will get better for you at work as well.
Hugs and I am looking forward to seeing a pic of your little one :hugs:

Thanks everyone, your support means a lot. I will keep you updated!

Coco sorry to hear about your stress too, but I'm glad it's over now. My workload should decrease in about 3 weeks and it can't come soon enough!

Actually it's over because I unexpectedly found 600 euros in a bag. I have this habit to split money when we travel in different bags, in case one gets lost :D My mom does it and she also has ended up with happy surprises from time to time :D
After your scan I am sure you will be way too excited to bother stressing with work as much :) At least a week will pass faster.

Oh wow, I wish I found €600! Most I've ever found was €50 in a pocket lol! It felt like I'd won the lotto ;)

Oh I'm so happy I could BURST!!!

Everything went so well. Our baby looks very healthy (they said everything looked great - she said the nasal bone is perfect, so no sign of downs, perfect amount of fluid, perfect placenta, perfect heart rate etc etc).

Our baby was VERY chilled out - sound asleep! Sonographer got me doing exercises to wake her/him, but nope! Taking after its daddy :haha:

She/he had legs crossed too but I know it's too early to tell gender yet anyway.

DH and I are just enjoying each others company now but I'll put a pic up later. Thanks for all the support ladies!!!

Oh I am SOOOO happy for you! Since we have been chatting from the TTC, I feel close to you and your pregnancy :hugs: Enjoy those happy days and don't let the stress at work bring you down!

Wonderful news, congratulations :)

It's so important to wallow in the excitement, enjoy it :) xx

OK, hopefully I'm adding this picture right! Ladies, meet Cletus the Fetus :happydance:

Thanks for all your well wishes!

Coco - I feel so close to you and your pregnancy too since we've known each other since TTC! It seems like just yesterday we were in the TWW, right?

Attachments

• Baby 011.jpg
    Baby 011.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 28
That's great news :happydance: and what a brilliant picture! Congratulations :D

Congratulations redlemonade! That's fantastic news and what a great picture!

Thanks guys :)

I think it looks like an alien at this stage! And sometimes I look at the pictures and see Mr Burns from the Simpsons! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->