12 weeks prego on xmas day..

Mummyjohnson

Reaction score
...so my question is, would I get my 12 week scan before or after christmas? Hope it's before! I was thinking of telling the mw, that my last period was two days earlier than it was, so I might get my scan in quicker (also because I ovulate early in cycle! -My date got brought forward four days last time) x x

You're a week and a day behind me and I've had mine come through for the 16th December - get yourself to the doc quickly as they prefer to do the scans and nuchal fold analysis test thingy as close to 12 weeks as possible as apparently that's when it works best

And congratulations :cloud9:

I should be 12 weeks on christmas eve, i have an early scan booked for monday (as i had a mmc in august) and then hope to have another 1 christmas week. If everything works out ok im going to tell every1 christmas morning. I think you should tell them you are a few days ahead and hopefully they wil schedule you in before christmas.xx

Aww thank you! Congrats to you too :) Thats helpful. So I wondered how they carry out scans through christmas time. Would I be able to get a scan on boxing day or another day in the meantime, or maybe I'd have to wait until new year? I'm due to see mw on 24th november. Hopefullyshe will be able to tell me x x

I am also 12 weeks on Christmas eve. I might try and get an early scan as I had a miscarriage in Sept and got pregnant before having my first period. My booking in appointment will be 2 weeks tomorrow so might ask then about having an extra scan.

I'm also 12 weeks on xmas eve! Seems like quite a few of us ladies are :)

I'm hoping to get one before xmas but am going to arrange a private scan for around 8 or 9 weeks to get some reassurance just in case I have to wait until after Christmas for NHS one. Want to be able to tell family at Xmas but would like to have seen something first.

:flower:

With my LO i had my 12 weeks scan at 10 weeks as long as your between 10-13 weeks they will book you in befor xmas

Wow I'm in the same boat girls!! I will be 12 weeks the day after Christmas. We wanted to announce my pregnancy at Christmas gatherings but I really want my ultrasound picture. Wanted to wrap the picture up in a box and have my mom open it as her last special gift.... But what if they schedule me after Christmas :(

I'll have to put a rattle in a box or something.... I'd much rather her get to see a pic of my little bean

i'm 12 weeks on christmas eve so i've been thinking the same thing. we have to travel a long way for our 12 week scan, so not sure whether we'll be able to fit it in before christmas. would be such a lovely present though!

got to make it through my 7 week dating scan first though. had a rough week with spotting for 6 days and symptoms coming and going. trying to stay positive though. 6 days and 19 hours til we see the heartbeat!

hope everyone gets the christmas present they want!

Congrats to all you ladies. so many of us due within a few days of each other. There are a few of us pregnant after a loss too. For you ladies can book any early reassurance scan? After my loss they told me i could book in for a scan at 6 weeks to make sure everything is ok. Iv opted to wait until 7weeks, at least then i should definitely see a heartbeat (i think i may have implanted late so may be few days behind). I havent made a booking in appointment yet, and im not going to until after my early scan. Last time my midwife phoned me to see why i didnt attend my appointment seems my stupid doctor failed to inform her i had lost my baby!! Trying to stay as positive as i can. This pregnancy feels so much different than my last so im taking that as a good sign. If i get to announce this pregnancy on christmas day it will be the best christmas present i could ask 4!!

Ah I'm 16 weeks on Christmas Day and having the same issue about my 16 week's mw appt. As the scan happen between 11 and 13 weeks I wouldn't stress too much. Just make sure that a request for an appointment has definitely been made by a midwife or your GP. You will be seen regardless but if I were you and you really, really wanted one beforehand, I'd make a cheeky call to the hospital to say that you are going on holiday on Boxing Day and would there be any chance of requesting a scan before this period as you'd be post 13 weeks when you get back. It's worth a try!

Just got home from my first appointment with the OB coordinator. I'm going to have a scan on Nov 28th. I will be 8 weeks then. So I will at least have something to show at Christmas!

Yay I'm so excited!

I'll be around 12 weeks the week in between Xmas and NY do I too hope I'll get seen before Xmas, for the ladies who like me had a previous early loss how did you get an early scan? I'd really like one to put my mind at rest. I asked my gp but he said no as said going back n forth to scans is more stressful when itl only tell you what's already happened rather than what might :-( I'd still rather have one though to put my mind at rest??x

I'll be around 12 weeks the week in between Xmas and NY do I too hope I'll get seen before Xmas, for the ladies who like me had a previous early loss how did you get an early scan? I'd really like one to put my mind at rest. I asked my gp but he said no as said going back n forth to scans is more stressful when itl only tell you what's already happened rather than what might :-( I'd still rather have one though to put my mind at rest??x

Not sure were you are im in northern Ireland, when i had my mmc the nurse in epu told me that i could phone them as soon as i got pregnant again and they would book me in for an early scan. I have already done this and i go on monday. I didnt have to go through my doctor so maybe you could just phone them up and see what they will do for you? If they say no tell them how you are feeling and about your previous loss and hopefully they will get you one.xx

Thank you Sarah I will try that, would def help me to relax a little. Ps I'm in Kent , uk.Xxxx

Maybe you can ring your midwife and tell her of your plans. I am sure she would be happy to accommodate you for your holiday plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->