12 Weeks & Spotting - Overexertion?

JenStar1976

Reaction score
Hi All

I had my 12 week scan on Monday and all was fine, although the scan did hurt when he pressed hard on one side. After the reassurance of the scan, I went home and had a burst of energy as I've done virtually nothing the last 6 weeks and I did have an early bleed. So I cracked on with gardening, lifting things, rrunning round after my son (it's half term), but then noticed streaks of blood when I wiped in the evening. Freaked out and rang mw. The usual: unless you're in pain and you're soaking a pad, nothing can be done. Took it easy yesterday and nothing at all. Today, I've been up to London to the natural history museum: busy trains and tubes, lots if queuing and generally exhausted. Just been to the loo and streaks of blood again.

If you're still with me, my question is this: can overexertion cause spotting? Has anyone experienced this themselves? Whilst I appreciate that what I describe above is certainly not running a marathon or lifting heavy weights, it really is a lot more than I have managed over the last 6 weeks.

Any advice, experience or reassurance greatly appreciated. x

What you described doesn't sound like over exertion. Sounds like normal life. I had bleeding all throughout my pregnancy with my oldest. Tried to find an explanation never could. Everything was fine. Over exertion in and of itself does not generally cause spotting. It can cause exacerbation of existing symptoms. Are you high risk?

Hi. Thanks for the reply. No, I'm not high risk. I just think it's a coincidence that I spotted on the two days that I actually did something other than lying or sitting down.

well i lift lots of heavy things at my job and i twist and do similar repetitive motions for hours at a time. ofcourse i do get a couple of minutes to rest but its never enough. i did worry about the lifting but i did not spot because of it and ive been doing it since before pregnancy. but i will say that my lifting caused HORRENDOUS back and hip pain after an hour and a half of doing it. nothing helped but time off.

im not a doctor but im going by experience which is a little lacking as its my first pregnancy. id ask someone in the medical field about this otherwise dont worry so much since its not a lot of bleeding with cramping.

I run and lift weights. I don't stop due to pregnancy. I've never had a high risk pregnancy either. Even in first pregnancy with the bleeding throughout was never told to stop running or working out. As there was no co-relation. Could be a lot of things. Unless it's alot of bleeding though I don't think they do much before 2nd tri - at least not here.

Ive had bleeding like this with my second daughter. .. maybe your cervix is just sensitive so take it easy. I used to bleed everytime I lift or walk too much but ended up having a beautiful healthy baby at the end

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->