12 weeks, symptoms dropping since 8/9 weeks, now almost gone?

katherinegrey

Reaction score
I'm 12+2 today, and I'm panicking. Around 6 weeks morning sickness hit and I felt so miserable, I was sick all day and nauseous all the time. Around 8/9 weeks it started to drop off, now it's practically gone. With my son I was sick until around 20 weeks, so I can't help freaking out, my scan isn't until Thursday and I'm terrified they'll tell me baby has no heartbeat :(

I haven't put on any weight and I'm not even getting a hint of a bump at this point, whereas again with my son at 12 weeks I'd got a teeny tiny bump starting.

I know I shouldn't compare pregnancies, but because I had such strong symptoms with my son I worry this pregnancy isn't as healthy :(

Any stories of diminishing symptoms and it all turn out okay please?

I am 10 weeks tomorrow, but I am trying not to worry about it :) I have a hard area near the pubic bone developing, sore nipples, nausea here and there and a line slowly developing up to my belly button. But the symptoms was much worse when I was 6/7 now they are not as bad, slowing off I think.

My symptoms are still here kind of, but waaay less noticeable since about 9 weeks. And I have heard baby's HB on my doppler this week, so it seems like everything is still going well since my scan at 8 weeks. Since the placenta is taking over now, it's probably just taking some of the severity of the symptoms away for you. But I know it's hard not to worry, and I can understand comparing pregnancies, but you know how much everyone says things vary for each of a woman's pregnancies. Have you already been for an ultrasound and seen/heard the HB? If so, I would REALLY try not to worry. Your next appointment is so soon, and the best thing you can do is relax until you know anything concrete. And don't forget that the odds are in your favor for a healthy pregnancy! :hugs:

Yes, I had an ultrasound at 7+3 where we saw the hb, I just can't help feeling something has gone wrong since then, as my symptoms were so strong at that ultrasound, and now I have barely anything, at least I'll know for sure come Thursday :flower:

I have like 2 symptoms and only gained 1 lb I'm at 11 weeks. I had a US last week at 10.5 and i was so scared bc I have like no symptoms other than sore boobs and peeing. So I was thrilled to see my little bean there, heart beat strong so hopefully that will continue! Meanwhile I have a friend who has gained 17lbs in 11 weeks and has every symptom in the book. Who knows! But dont worry, every person is different and every pregnancy different!

Coming over from 2nd tri to say I was in the same boat as you a while ago.

I was as sick as a dog with DD1 from 7 to 12 weeks. In this pregnancy my MS started at 6 weeks and ended at 7/8 weeks. I was worried too but everything so far is completely fine and baby is healthy! Every pregnancy is different!

From 6 weeks I was so nauseous all the time until 10 weeks when it suddenly stopped and my boobs stopped hurting too. I was so panicky! I'm 11+4 now and the sickness has come back with a vengeance today! Try not to worry, symptoms do fluctuate. I just keep telling myself that if there's no painful cramping or bleeding, everything is fine :)

I also started getting nausea at 6 weeks, at 9 weeks it all of a sudden dies down, about every other evening, then during week 10 about once or twice a week, now I feel pretty good.
I've had a few scans, last one at 10 weeks and everything was fine. I have my next this Friday and am terrified!
No bump here either which just get's me even more worried, but this is the time when symptoms start to die down!

the symptoms die out because your body is getting used to hormones and around 12 weeks the placenta starts taking over the progesterone production instead of corpus luteum.

it could be that since it's your 2nd pregnancy, your body learned how to ease off the hard core symptoms and is just dealing with it better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->