12 Wk NT Scan tmrw - what to expect?

Demotivated

Reaction score
Hi Ladies...

So acc to my last scan, i completed 12wks today and have my NT Scan tomorrow.

Least to say, i am extremelllllyyy nervous. I know its an important scan.... :(

For the past few days, my symptoms have changed.. no nausea / sickness, but terrible lower back pain and mood swings... i am confused and scared..what if i m not pregnant anymore.. :cry:

Looking for guidance....

Try not to worry too much. In terms of what to expect, you'll need to have a full bladder and once called in the technician will put the gel on your tummy and press down slightly with the (well, I don't know what it's actually called) 'scanny thing' to get a good picture of your baby. In my opinion it can be a tad uncomfortable as you'll have a full bladder! They'll measure length of baby and also take a nuchal fold measurement. Most places (in UK anyway) will give you a picture of the scan but you normally pay a 'donation' of £2 or £3 - depends on the hospital.

Good luck for your scan. We have ours today and are full of trepidation as this is our first scan and I'm worried there'll be something wrong or nothing in there - so I know exactly how you feel!

Try not to worry too much. In terms of what to expect, you'll need to have a full bladder and once called in the technician will put the gel on your tummy and press down slightly with the (well, I don't know what it's actually called) 'scanny thing' to get a good picture of your baby. In my opinion it can be a tad uncomfortable as you'll have a full bladder! They'll measure length of baby and also take a nuchal fold measurement. Most places (in UK anyway) will give you a picture of the scan but you normally pay a 'donation' of £2 or £3 - depends on the hospital.

Good luck for your scan. We have ours today and are full of trepidation as this is our first scan and I'm worried there'll be something wrong or nothing in there - so I know exactly how you feel!

Thanks for your positivity angel... It really is a scary feeling bcz u want the baby sooo much... all the very best for your scan :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->