13 viles of blood!!!???

hmommy219

Reaction score
Ladies, I'm scheduled to have 13 viles of blood taken today and I'm 9 weeks pregnant with twins. I'm borderline anemic and can't help thinking that this much blood taken is dangerous to my pregnancy. Have any of you had this much blood taken? It's my high risk Dr that wants the tests done. :(

Are you sure its 13 vials not 13 tests ? Im a nurse and cant think of a reason you would have 13 different vials. We only have 7 different ones where I work with a rule of 3-4 tests maximum from each vial depending on the type.

I've had up to 14 taken and it was fine. It's really not all that much blood as each vial isn't all that big (most of them will probably be the small ones).

Are you sure its 13 vials not 13 tests ? Im a nurse and cant think of a reason you would have 13 different vials. We only have 7 different ones where I work with a rule of 3-4 tests maximum from each vial depending on the type.

If they're doing autoimmune and clotting it IS that much.

Yes, they're running the 'repeat aborter profile' ...that sounds awful I know, but it's for women who've suffered multiple losses. Ok, thank you so much for responding...it is reassuring!! :hugs:

Yes, they're running the 'repeat aborter profile' ...that sounds awful I know, but it's for women who've suffered multiple losses. Ok, thank you so much for responding...it is reassuring!! :hugs:

Ok must be a way different system from what I have ever worked with. If he is your specualist I am sure he wouldnt do it if it was too much. Good luck hope everyhing goes well.

Firstly :hugs: I am also often referred to in the medical world as a habitual aborter, I know it is just medical terminology but it is so unkind.

Secondly, it is completely normal and fine. I have severe anaemia (my hb is any where between 8 and 3) and they always take that much blood and it is fine.

i had the 13 vials when i was going through my last cycle of ivf i was 4weeks pregnant at the time but still had them done just incase !!!

am always abit anemic when i have heavy periods etc and tbh after i had the blood taken i felt abit wooshy but nothing major !!! xxx

Thanks girls for responding. :hugs: I just got back and it wasn't too bad..I made sure I ate a ton before so I didn't get woozy. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->