13 yr old boy, challenging behaviour!!

nats77

Mum of 3 + 5 angels
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing this sort of behaviour with their teen? Basically everytime I say no or I don't give him exactly as he wants he loses his temper shouts, screams, crys, breaks things, verbally sometimes physically attacks his sister. Last night he punched the wall ( although this was premeditated as he asked me the day before if I would take him to hospital if he broke his hand punching the wall. Also a friend at school has done this and gets to use the iPad instead if writing)
But I feel at a loss as what to do or how to handle it? I have confiscated his favourite items, I have challenged, ignored, been angry, been understanding, supportive, offered to talk whilst calm but it just seems over the last month he has got worse and worse!!
Any suggestions or anyone been they anything similar?? Xx

Do you have any idea why he is so angry? Sounds simplistic but have you ever just sat him down and asked him why he thinks it's ok to act out like that at his age?

Has he always been that aggressive or is it something that started with puberty?

Does he have a father figure in the picture that sets a good example for him to follow?

Yes I have sat with him lots of times and talked to him about why he thinks he can act like that or what's making him so angry or upset, he just says he doesn't know and he knows it's not right.
Yes he has a very good role model to follow his dad isn't aggressive towards me or anyone else. (He shouts when angry but that's it)
And no never been this bad before, I guess maybe more angry than the average child but nothing untoward. Yes just seems to of gradually built up over the past couple of months!

Have spoken to pastoral care at his school and they have arranged for him to see someone. A behavioural counsellor or something like that but other than that I'm at a loss!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->