14 and think I might be pregnant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asira

Reaction score
Hello. I have been having a few issues lately so I did the worse thing possible and googled a few of the things I was having, one of the first things they said was that it was pregnancy symptoms, so I did a little more research and a few of the things that I was having were apparently early pregnancy symptoms.
So I'm currently really anxious about it, I don't really have anyone else to talk with, since my school already has a bad reputation for having a few people being considered "whores" I would rather not have rumours spread around.

Anyway sorry for rambling. I would just like peoples opinions on if I have a possibility of being pregnant. So recently I've been having more headaches then I normal do, but I can probably pass this one off as heat since that gives me headaches, but it's been more then usual. I cannot hold my bladder at all, Ive had ghetto feeling I need to go almost ever other hour, even though I really don't need to go that badly. I have been getting pains around my stomach which could just be period pains but I never get them, and even then they never feel this bad, I'm beggining to have lower back pains, I'm also late on my period by about 5 days now, but I used to get really irregular periods so It could be that but it's been fine recently. I also woke up about an hour ago (3am) just feeling like shit, had a splitting headache and felt like throwing up, I also haven't felt the need to throw up for about 4 years.

If you don't think I'm pregnant is there any ideas what else it could be, also I'm not ready to ask my mother about this, it's not like she's a mean person, usually anyway, we just don't have a very good relationship at the moment. I would bring it up with my boyfriend but I'm scared that he'll leave me, I know deep down he almost certainly wouldn't, but I've already been there a break up with my boyfriend of 2 years, so I'm not ready to go through that again.

Also something I just remembered I should add, the first time I slept with anyone was with my current boyfriend which was about 2 weeks ago, also I know people are gonna call me stupid for doing that without protection, but it wasn't very well planned, I was mostly against it in the beggining but he just looked so happy when I said I was okay with it, I didn't want to refuse to when I started getting anxiety about pregnancy or stds and what not. Which just makes me sound like more of an idiot.
Anyway I appologize for the long post I just haven't been able to tell anyone about this so it helped to get it out of my system.

Hey hunny-- do not worry, you are not an idiot. Is there any way for you to buy a pregnancy test? Even if you go to a store/pharmacy with self check out in case you feel self conscious?(I am almost 30 and when I bought my pregnancy tests when I was 27 and earlier this year, I went through self check-out to not feel judged).
Symptoms vary--some girls do not even have symptoms. Some of the symptoms you have, I have had. But again, that does not necessarily mean you are pregnant. I have had pregnancy scares where I stressed myself out to the point of missing my period, nausea, vomiting, etc.That could also be why you may be having symptoms.
Regarding your boyfriend-- You can tell him that you may be pregnant and will be finding out, or you can wait to find out if you are or not and then tell him if you are.

I hope you find out so that it eases your mind-- and then you can learn from this. Also, please don't have sex with anybody to please them. Do it all for yourself, when YOU want to.
Xoxo

A Urinary Tract Infection could be a possibility, go to the doctor, it’s better just to know what’s happening, pregnancy is only one possibility, it could be something very simple.

You are certainly not an idiot or anything of the sort, as stated above a pregnancy test is your best bet. It could also be anxiety, I’m over 30 and before I was pregnant I panicked at the possibility of pregnancy.

You can also download the period trackers which can help with your cycles and estimate your fertile windows, the only thing I would say for future reference is use protection or go on birth control you don’t have to tell anyone you can go to the family planning on your own. Secondly don’t be pressured into having sex if you don’t feel ready, even if it makes him happy. If someone leaves you because you said no the are not the one for you.

Agreed not stupid and self check out ftw. I did it when I bought tests in bulk because I get tired of the questions/it’s faster. Bring a bag so you can put it in the bag for discretion. And I always buy other stuff too.

I am concerned about the fact that you did not want to have sex. This doesn’t sound consensual to me. It sounds coerced. Please be sure you are not being pressured into anything you are uncomfortable with to make someone else happy or to avoid breaking up.

Also lots of things can cause early pregnancy symptoms so I hope you have an answer :hugs:

First and foremost, you're not an idiot. Secondly, you said you did it because he looked so happy. Please don't do things to please him or anyone else. Never feel as if you have to do anything sexual with him to keep him. If you two are gonna be sexually active then he has to know that when you don't want to do it he has to accept that.

As long as you're having unprotected sex there is a chance in becoming pregnant and being 32 years old w 6 kids ( my oldest being a 12 yo girl) I can tell you even condoms and birth control can fail, so just having sex can result in pregnancy, sometimes even w protection.

You should take a pregnancy test. Don't worry about the expensive ones. Go to your nearest dollar store and get one for a dollar, or one in Walmart for .88. and if you have no way of doing that without getting caught by your mom, u can go to planned parenthood. If you go to your doctor and ask I'm sure they have the right to speak to ur mom since you're 14 but planned Parenthood I don't think does.

Try not to worry. You do have to talk to ur mom once u find out. You're not an idiot but just don't let him make you feel u have to do it with him especially if u don't feel like it. I was 14 once before too and did this and it was horrible. Ur worth more than that. Good luck to you.

I realise this post is over a week old now, so maybe you have an answer, but the symptoms sound like they could equally be caused by pregnancy or a UTI that may have spread to your kidneys.

I'm not sure what the law is where you live regarding who gets told your medical history and whether you can access a doctor on your own, but I do know your health is important and you are worth being cared about and treated for any and all medical conditions. If you are pregnant your family are going to find out, so please don't let shame and stigma (that you shouldn't feel) prevent you from getting the medical care you need. Maybe you could go to the doctor saying "I think I have a UTI" so they will test your urine for infection. If there isn't one they may ask you if you might be pregnant (if they think your symptoms fit).

UTIs are quite common in pregnancy so I suppose there is a chance it could be both, but sex causes UTI's too. If you think/know your boyfriend has had previous partners you need STI tests done to rule those out as the cause too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"