14 week old waking in night

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
My lo has started waking again in night I'm not sure if it because she got snuffly nose but she struggling to get back off to sleep
She was previously sleeping almost 11-12 hours
I've offered milk last 2 nights & now not sure if I've made rod for own back!
Any thoughts suggestions?

Babies change all the time. So much has got to do with their brain development and so little has to do with what us as parents do. If she drinks the milk she may be going through a growth spurt and actually need the feeds. It could definitely be the snuffly nose too. Or it could be that her brain has changed and is more active at the moment.

Statistically it isn't particularly "normal" for a 14 week old baby to sleep 12 hours through (by which I mean many, many more of them are waking frequently for feeds and comfort at this age than aren't) so I wouldn't worry that it is something you have 'done'. they change and you sometimes just have to go with it.

They go through a sleep regression around 4 months old. You haven't made a rod for your back :)

Check out the book/app The Wonder Weeks. They go through a big mental leap around 14 weeks. My fuel is going through the same thing, she's right in the middle of the leap. It's been rough but it's only temporary.

Check out the book/app The Wonder Weeks. They go through a big mental leap around 14 weeks. My fuel is going through the same thing, she's right in the middle of the leap. It's been rough but it's only temporary.

Yes I've got the app.

What's your lo been doing?

Lol Bev, that old rod you were warned about so many times. :haha:

But yeah, to the OP, it's totally natural. My first didn't consistently sleep through until she was over 2 years old and even now she's going through a stage of waking up and wanting to come into our bed. It's something she's done before and it always passes within a couple of weeks/months. They change so much and so frequently that I just sort of go with it these days and try to remember that everything will be ok in the end!

I find I'm hardly sleeping as I'm waiting for lo to wake & maybe I jump up to settle her too soon when she would maybe settle herself.
She didn't have milk last night despite not drinking much yesterday

maybe I jump up to settle her too soon when she would maybe settle herself.

Waiting a few seconds to ensure she is truly awake and not just making noises in her sleep is worth while and she MIGHT settle, but she's so young it's much more likely that she needs something and can't get it/do it for herself. Responding to her needs will help form her brain in a way that will set her up for a lifetime of high self-esteem (she learns she is worthy of love and can and should get her needs met) and lower stress responses to stressful situations.

Yes I've got the app.

Waking every 2 to 3 hours without her long 5 to 7 hour stretch. Fussing big time before bed, crying inconsolably until she just kind of passes out. Refusing to sleep in her Pack n play she's back on her rock n play. Eating a LOT especially if we're at home. Generally more fussy.

Sleep has been crap for 2/3 of my kids at this age. Emma waited till 5 months, she hasn't slept well since :-/.

Yes I've got the app.

Waking every 2 to 3 hours without her long 5 to 7 hour stretch. Fussing big time before bed, crying inconsolably until she just kind of passes out. Refusing to sleep in her Pack n play she's back on her rock n play. Eating a LOT especially if we're at home. Generally more fussy.

What other features does the app have, I dont use any kind of app or anything like that, is it helpful or just a bit of fun? :)

Our little girl is breast feeding, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not but she is 4 months and has not slept through the night once, she doesn't cry she just wakes up wanting a feed sometimes 3 times in a night.

She is only lightly napping in the day too and generally sleeping much less than she did as a newborn.. She is otherwise happy so we arent to worried.

Night waking stopped after those two nights then last night she woke again but it cold be injections related as had them Tuesday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->