15 kids and counting.

im watching it now on catch up OMG fare play to her i couldnt do it :)

I agree Cherry, the sex-ed things was wierd....If you dont want your child joining in, then write a letter to the school which makes your child exempt from that class.

Lotsa kids in my yr did it...Its not unusual.

I preferred the Morecombe couple to the London one.

The London lady just seemed a bit wierd - I dont get how she thought that her homeschooling methods were any good, she has children with such a massive age difference, i just cant see how she by herself could ensure they all got enough of her time.

The eldest looked bored and frustrated and the others just looked disinterested or having a screaming fit.

Im not against homeschooling, but she needs some help in there....I cant imagine what will hapen when the twins arrive :nope:

It's Morecambe :rofl:

:lolly:

V xxx

I do agree with homeschooling if its done right...and I dont think she was doing it right at all :nope:

I was a bit confused by the whole home-schooling situation because the childrens ages varied so much it must have been really difficult to keep track. But perhaps I just don't understand it :shrug: My husband is keen on the idea of home-schooling if neccessary but personally I'm not. I don't really care how other people parent, but I imagine it's a lot lot harder with so many. I think these people are quite remarkable and those kids were a fantastic testomony to them. I hope I can say that about my kids some day :cloud9:

I preferred the Morecombe couple to the London one.

The London lady just seemed a bit wierd - I dont get how she thought that her homeschooling methods were any good, she has children with such a massive age difference, i just cant see how she by herself could ensure they all got enough of her time.

The eldest looked bored and frustrated and the others just looked disinterested or having a screaming fit.

Im not against homeschooling, but she needs some help in there....I cant imagine what will hapen when the twins arrive :nope:

It's Morecambe :rofl:

:lolly:

V xxx

No, its Morecombe in Lellow's illiterate world.

Besides, where the bloody hell is Morecambe...Im sure its just a made up place ;)

:p

xxx

Yeah the homeschooling thing puzzled me too. None of those children would be following the same level at school so how are they taught in an effective way? x

I watched the show. I do know some home-educating families who do teach some subjects as a group, even with all the different ages, but when it comes to the written work to do with that subject-it is all done at an age appropriate level. The home-education officer who comes to see us actually recommended a similar approach and absolutely swears by it; but personally I don't feel it would work for us so I do work with each of my children individually, this is just my personal opinion but the reason for having the teacher 'lecturing' to a whole class of kids and writing stuff on a board in a regular school is so the information reaches all the kids in the class, as I only have three kids to teach I see recreating a classroom environment like that as totally unnecessary xx

i didnt get her methods of homschooling either i was homeschooled and her way wouldnt of learned the older ones and the younger ones looked conffused.

the familly with 15 children seemed such a loving family i loved the fact that the oldest still lived at home wich meens hes so happy and content so they all must feel that way.

I'd like to watch this, but I'm in the US, and according to Channel4.com, it's not available in my area :( Anyone know where I can watch it?

I'd like to watch this, but I'm in the US, and according to Channel4.com, it's not available in my area :( Anyone know where I can watch it?

Have you tried youtube? xx

I thought the mum of the family of beauty queen girls was AWFUL! Way to make your girls all feel like their only worth in life is their looks. And pitting them against each other? So bad!

The beauty queens Mum was shocking.

She just cared about there looks and tbh so did they :shrug:

Isn't next week 10 kids and neither parent works, jebus can't wait for that discussion.

V xxx

I honestly thought that woman was appalling! I would never make Ivy feel like her looks are the only thing going for her - what an awful message to send to your kids!

I sore the one with the family of 10 where neither mum or dad worked! (Ill try to keep my comments mild!)

That makes me sooooooooo bloody mad! He said i didnt want this many kids but him up there had other plans! GGgggrrrrr theres a thing called CONTRACEPTION bloody use it!
I know that not all of them were his i cant remember how many were his/hers and they took in 3 from her sister who couldnt cope. All i can say is i was gobsmacked, just because they lived in a council house it doesnt mean they have to live in a shit hole (which it was!) The dogs were so skinny and shoved outside with all the other crap!!

I grew up in council houses and they were very clean and basicly but very well decorated because my mum worked her arse off as a cleaner to support me and my sister to give us a better life, She had pride in her life and looked after what she had! It pisses me right off when i see people living and having children in a dirt filled shit hole! I barely have money at the moment but its a couple of £ for cleaning stuff its just lazy!!
And right at the very end when they got given a 8 bedroomed house!!!!!!!!!! Dont get me started!

They give big familys a bad name IMO!

I just cant understand why people keep having children when they cant afford them!

Is the family of ten you were referring to the one that took in the mother's sisters kids and both had children from previous relationships. If so, they didn't exactly choose to have 10 kids and I think taking in your nieces and nephews and raising them as your own is an amazing thing to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->