15 Month Old, Extended BF and pumping at work...

arlosmama

Reaction score
Baby girl is 15 months and we are still nursing and don't plan on stopping..but for those who worked...when did you stop pumping but still nurse at home? I am pumping 3 times a day and bringing home 10-12 oz. My daughter has about 4 oz of EBM in the morning and takes 8 oz to daycare and then drinks cow's milk (barely...she doesn't really like it). I am so tired of pumping but want her to have the breast milk. I have a stash of 250 oz in my freezer but realize I am far from her being 2. And 250 oz will go fast.

How long did you pump at work? If you didn't pump at work and only nursed at home...did you have problems with enough milk on the weekends? I am prepared to continue to pump...but am I going a little overboard? Can I start to decrease a little?

With my first, I stopped pumping at work at 14 months, but reduced pumping sessions from 3 to 2 at 12 months. Had no problems with supply whenever he wished to nurse, he didn't stop until almost three. My second, I actually stopped pumping at ten months. He never was a big fan of breastmilk in a bottle or sippy, disnt drink much while I was at work, so I had a huge freezer supply. He continued to breastfeed night and weekends till sixteen months, when I was five months pregnant. My girlfriend at work just would not respond to a pump at all, she breastfed baby exclusively when she was home and FF while she worked, from 3 months old, and she always had enough on weekends and days off. The body is amazing, it will adjust!

I started back at school when my daughter was 14 months old and I've never pumped. She does fine only nursing in the morning and evening, and when she nurses more on the weekend she seems satisfied. She also refuses cow milk so I just make sure she gets plenty of dairy from other sources (yogurt, cheese, etc). If you don't want to keep pumping I wouldn't bother, TBH. At this age your daughter should be fine with just a couple feeds a day, so don't stress yourself.

My LO is 11.5 mo and I'm going to cut down to only pumping 1x/day at work at 12 mo and introduce cow's milk slowly. I'm kinda over pumping at work and we're TTC, so I'm trying to get AF back without totally weaning. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping to get to where we're bfing in the morning and night. I'm impressed you've been pumping 3x/day at work. That's an extra job in itself. :)

I went to not pumping at work at 12 months and my son nursed mornings and bedtime..Of course the frequency went up at weekends, and he would do a mid morning or an evening feed too. the body will know what to make, dont worry....You have done a great job, you could if you wanted ease up on your pumping schedule now! God knows its exhausting. Well done, mama

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->