15 weeks cant find hb on doppler when....

Lozbox360

Reaction score
Ive found it everytime since 12 weeks and cant find it now? Not sure why but are things likely to be okay? I lost my sob at 23 weeks and 4 losses between 6 to 14 weeks so im pretty anxious.

Im in the uk and my epu wont take self reffereals and i cant get hold of my midwife to ask.

Hmm. I'm 17 weeks and sometimes I struggle to get mine or sometimes it's very quiet. I tend to lie flat and wiggle the stick around for ages and I usually get it eventually. Also, I've found recently the heartbeat has moved higher up and I find it in a different place now!

So I think try not to worry too much but given your history, I definetly would get checked out. Annoyingly it's now the weekend and the doctors are closed but can you get to out of hours?

I sometimes struggle to find it but I have an anterior placenta and it's difficult to find through the whooshing sounds of the placenta. Could this be the issue?

I would try relaxing and check again. Try with a full bladder and without. Sometimes one or the other works better depending on the person. I hope you can get checked out ASAP if you still can't find it. Sometimes they just like to hide though. 15 weeks is still small enough to be a pain to find.

Hmm. I'm 17 weeks and sometimes I struggle to get mine or sometimes it's very quiet. I tend to lie flat and wiggle the stick around for ages and I usually get it eventually. Also, I've found recently the heartbeat has moved higher up and I find it in a different place now!

So I think try not to worry too much but given your history, I definetly would get checked out. Annoyingly it's now the weekend and the doctors are closed but can you get to out of hours?

We have a general out of hours but theyre useless - i think i found it briefly but very quietly- back to nothing but placenta now tho - can only get into epu via a&e or midwife and neither are willing to do anything 😢

If it's any comfort, I have had the hardest darn time with the Doppler this pregnancy. It's not just me; my doctor has been unable to find it twice now. I'm 24 weeks at this point and I still can't find the heartbeat sometimes, even while I'm feeling him kick away in there. I don't have an anterior placenta, so I have no idea what the problem is this time around.
It's good that you found it, albeit briefly and quietly. I'm sure your baby is fine and just moved to a different position. But I totally understand your concern, especially considering your previous losses. I would keep trying with the Doppler periodically and go to the ER tomorrow if you're still worried.

To be honest, if your really worried just take yourself to A&E. If you say you can't find a heartbeat and have pain in your stomach (ham it up if needs be!), I doubt they'll turn you down! They'll at least try to find the heartbeat for you and if they can't, then I'm sure they'll do more checks! You pay your taxes, if you need to be seen, you should be! Especially as you have a history of second trimester loss!

That said, if you think you've found it, albeit quietly, it sounds hopeful which is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->