15 weeks pp - hair falling out

nicksi27

Reaction score
Ok i was expecting to shed but this is scary! My hair is falling out all over the place and when i pulled my hair back today the hair on my temples seems to be receeding :S

Anyone else experienced this and does it get better. After my first pregnancy i cant remember it making my hair line receed but i didnt go full term.

does anyone know if the pill affects hair? I started taking it a month ago and dont know whether stopping it might help? Ive restarted supplements with iron today.

You go through pregnancy which is hard, then the pain of labour then your hair starts falling out ....being a woman is hard work. Its all worth it though :)

Hi there. My hair started falling out after my son was born last August, mostly around the temple area. It started growing again as far I can remember after about 6 months, so I have a chunk of new hair under the old hair. I'm not on the pill so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I'm guessing it's more of a vitamin thing...

I had this with my first pregnancy and I put it down to regular post baby hair loss. However I mentioned it to my GP when I went to see her about something else and she had my blood tested. It turned out I had developed autoimmune thyroiditis (Hashimotos thyroiditis). I now have to take thyroxine hormone replacement daily. They think that it was probably brought on by the pregnancy. My advice to you would be to discuss it with your doctor and see if they'll test your blood for thyroid problems and anaemia x

Mine is coming out in clumps. This happened with dd. I had the thyroid test but it was ok.i have no underarm hair at all ( not complaining !).

I starting 'shedding' at about 16 weeks pp, especially around the temple area. I didn't think it was that noticeable until I tied my hair back one day and OH said ''oh no you're going bald''!!! It still seems to be coming out now at 19 weeks pp but it has eased off. I'm told it grows back...in the meantime I'm keeping my hair down at all times lol!!!

My hair fell out like CRAZY! It's finally slowing down now, and seems normal. For a while, I thought I was going to go bald.

A lot of it was around my temple, too. Now, I have TONS of little teeny baby hairs coming in my bang/temple area!! So it's growing again! :)

Mine starts falling out about 6 weeks after birth and carries on until 3-4 months so it seems earlier than average but at least it is over with more quickly xx

The past week I've been shedding everywhere. My hair is so tragic looking now compared to how it looked while I was pregnant :(

Yeah mine receeded on my temples too :-( I knew it was falling out because it was blocking the shower, but I was so busy and stressed out though that I actually didn't notice the receeding hair line until it started growing back, which was at 6 months pp. Now at 13 months pp it's about long enough to be a fringe and I can brush it all downwards at last. It was sticking up for a while It was kind of upsetting, but it hasn't lasted forever and I think I probably noticed it most, no one else ever commented on it. Hang in there! Don't know about the pill though sorry xx

I had bald spots above my temples. No lie. it freaked my OH out lol Happened around 3/4 months and lasted a month or so but eventually my hair grew back and it's not falling out anymore :D

I'm still shedding and my kid is 9 months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->