15 weeks with sporadic brown spotting

dreadOHdreads

Reaction score
I've been to my obgyn since it started. She did an ultrasound and baby was a ok. But it still worries me. She didn't do a cervical check or anything. Should I have requested one?

I know spotting can be normal and it's brown and I'm not cramping...but I'm just worried.

Anyone deal with spotting in the 2nd trimester?

Ive had 3 spotting situations. One lasting 3 days at 5 weeks, one lasting a few wipes at 9 weeks then i had alot of brown spotting suddenly at 14 weeks. I continued with occasionally staining for 2 weeks. On week 16 and 4 days i had a fair amount of pink red and brown blood on tissue wgen i wiped. Lasted two hours.

Ive had 2 private scans and my normal nhs ones. Baby has continued to thrive. They see no problem on scans. Nobody has checked my cervix either. It's extremely scary & I understand your fears. I hope it never returns now. Been ok for about 3 weeks now.

It can just be one of those things and often due to just your cervix being extra sensitive in pregnancy. I've had quite a bit of bleeding (bright red) and spotting this pregnancy. And I had the same with my daughter, bright red bleeding in 1st tri, and then some spotting around 16 weeks. It was due to cervical erosion (basically when the cells on your cervix are more prone to irritation in pregnancy and you can also break a blood vessel, that's what they suspect happened when I had the heavy bleeding - it was literally gushing down my legs). All fine though, even though it's worrying. I never had any more after that spotting at 16 weeks with my daughter. It's gotten less with this pregnancy as well, though I still have a bit of spotting each week usually. I've gotten so used to it now that I hardly notice. I've had 3 scans and baby is fine. Obviously was with my daughter as well. I never had any cramping and otherwise felt fine, so just one of those things, even though it can be stressful. It's probably best not to check your cervix as it's likely to make it worse. When I had the vaginal scan, obviously that affected my cervix, and I had horrible bleeding after, but it eventually calmed down.

I've had it a few times, usually around when my period is due or I've overdone it a bit! They say if it's not bright red not to worry though, so just put it down to just another pregnancy thing

I've had spotting (red though not brown) a few times throughout this pregnancy. Usually after sex or if I've been constipated (tmi sorry).
The first couple of times I had scans done to check but the midwives seem confident the bleeding is from the cervix rather than baby. I don't think they'd check incase it made it worse? Just a guess.

I think it's pretty common so I'd deffo try not to stress about it.

Glad I'm not the only one who's had it when they're constipated :haha:

Thanks for the replies everyone.

It seems to be tapering off now. I know it was worse when I'd try to poo but it would also happen when I overdid it. With me it doesn't take much to overdo it lol. I think since I got pregnant again 4 months postpartum I exhaust myself super easy.

It seems to be tapering off now. I know it was worse when I'd try to poo but it would also happen when I overdid it. With me it doesn't take much to overdo it lol. I think since I got pregnant again 4 months postpartum I exhaust myself super easy.

I'm not surprised you're easily exhausted running around after a babe as well, super mummy skills.

I had brown and bright red spotting on and off between 6 and 14 weeks all scans showed nothing, they never could explain it. They just told me not to worry unless it turned heavy period like with cramps.

I'm not surprised you're easily exhausted running around after a babe as well, super mummy skills.

Haha yeah some days it isn't easy. But Jax keeps me active that's for sure!

Thanks for everyone's replies. I think the spotting is all resolved now- haven't had any for a few days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->