15 year old running away with teacher..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
what are your own thoughts on this?

Im really worried for her, i dont know her. But i know what i was like at 15, and liked the "older man", but i wouldnt of dreamed of running away. i feel for her i do, and her pooor parents!!

:cry:

What I find utterly shocking is that the school and education board were investigating him because of allegations of their relationship and no one bothered to tell her parents!! Surely the first people you warn are the people who can protect her?

I don't think she's in any danger though, I think it's just a couple who are scared of getting caught. I also feel a bit of sympathy for them both if it is really a case of falling for the wrong person. We had a case up here where a teacher fell for a 16 YO pupil, he went to prison, served 8 months. But they're now married and she has 2 children with him. I'm aware that she's only 15 so it changes it all entirely. But I do think these things aren't always seedy. I would like to think that they're not anyway. Perhaps that's me being naive though.

I think the big issue is that they've hit the continent where he's not considered a criminal and the French police are backing him up. So it makes the search a lot harder and turns it only into a missing persons case as opposed to abduction.

yeah thats what i think! people need to remember girls are alot more mature then boys. I met my hubs the day after my 16th, he was 24, but still abig age gap, i loved him soo much straight away lol

There's 12 years between me and my OH. I was 18, him 30. And a lot of people had plenty to say about it. But we knew it was right. 4 years on, it still is. And I know that it's not the same as this couple, but I think people need to stop talking about her teacher as if he's a monster and pedophile. If she thinks she's in love with him then all it will do is keep her away for even longer. It'll push her away as she'll think the world is against them.

Abigally, lets not forget about the other two teachers at that school who had inappropriate relations with pupils.

I don't think many prospective parents will turn up at any open evenings to send their children there next year.

I read a bit about this on the mail online, she seems very mature for her age. He doesnt seem to have forced her into it or 'abducted' her as some newspapers are saying but still she should let her family know she is safe. She's still so young.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand the age gap isn't massive and a 20 year old and 35 year old people wouldn't really question. She obviously is happy to go along with it and feels she's in love....but

On the other hand he's her teacher! That's a massive breach of trust. He's supposed to teach her not seduce her.

Also let's not forget he has a wife. He cheated on her and she knee that too which is wrong.

He looks slimy

There's already a thread on this containing my thoughts https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/general-chatter/1203083-guys-your-thoughts.html

I'm worried for her. She does seem mature for her age, but to run away to another country with a teacher is a big move and I don't know if she's thought it out properly. I've also heard about the school having other teachers with allegations against them. The school doesn't seem to be very active on their safeguarding of pupils :|

I have mixed feelings on this. I know shes 15 and he totally abused the position of trust BUT running away together must mean they really are in love. Its a bit sad that they had to resort to this in order to be together.

I dunno. I'm most shocked that he was being looked into and nobody told the parents. That's the worst thing imo.

The fact that a 30 yr old TEACHER ( so supposedly intelligent and mature) thinks they are untouchable and could get away with this scares me. Just how desperate are they to be together and what lengths will they do to. The age gap in itself doens't massively bother me, its the betrayal in trust and lack on deceit.

Honestly, I do hope they are a couple in love (albeit irrational) and he's not just some perv praying on a young lass for his own sexual twists. But who knows.

I know about the other 2 teachers and both were jailed and struck off which in my mind means this teacher is deadly serious. He's aware of the consequences, he's also aware of what it would do to his career and his future.

This case really divides me. The romantic in me says that I know what it's like to fall in love with the 'wrong person'. To have everyone judge and question your relationship and feel like there is no support for me when I need it. so I have every sympathy for them there (presuming this isn't just a case of perverted infatuation). Where as the realist knows it's illegal and knows she's only 15. She's not emotionally mature enough to know what could come of all this.

The romantic in me wins every time though unfortunately.

What i dont understand is if they are inlove why didnt they just wait till she turnt 16 and she was legal and not a minor, Why would he do that to her miss her exams and have the police after them when they could of waiting a few months and be legit.
It seems to me that maybe he really 'wanted' her and was scared to wait incase she lost interest etc, I just hope she's ok and i think its very silly they could of waiting and had no problems if they were truly in love.

I also have mixed feelings. I'm 25 and my husband's 48 so a pretty large age difference.
I also know what 15 year old girls are like. It's a tricky one.
I don't agree with what they've done and I can't even begin to understand what the parents must be going through :nope:.
They must be terrified of coming home now though with all the press and the warrant for his arrest.
I really think if he did love her, and cared about her, he'd be a bit more responsible and bring the girl home to her parents. Hope she's okay.

What i dont understand is if they are inlove why didnt they just wait till she turnt 16 and she was legal and not a minor, Why would he do that to her miss her exams and have the police after them when they could of waiting a few months and be legit.
It seems to me that maybe he really 'wanted' her and was scared to wait incase she lost interest etc, I just hope she's ok and i think its very silly they could of waiting and had no problems if they were truly in love.

I could have misread and I can't remember fully what I read but it was a long the lines that when you are a teacher the age of responsibility rather than 16 is 18.

I could have misread and I can't remember fully what I read but it was a long the lines that when you are a teacher the age of responsibility rather than 16 is 18.

No your right. Teacher - student relationships are 18+ if that makes sense. They must be scared. OHs younger sister is 15 and I couldn't imagine what it'd be like if this was her. I can't imagine they want to come back now, shame he's married and the school didn't do a thing. But I can't help but feel like she seems mature enough to make descions, although not old enough legally. The thing is. If there's no proof of any sexual contact he can't be done for sexual things against a minor. I dunno how I feel. I hope she's okay, she seemed willing enough, probably didn't think too much About the consequences of their actions x

I agree that as a teacher he is supposed to be more mature and responsible, and that if he really did love her he would wait until she had left school. He must have known the consequesnces of running away with a 15 year old pupil no matter how in love they are.
As for the girl, I don't think at 15 she can possibly understand the severity of what they have done and the consequences. She seems mature but she's still only 15 when all said and done.
He might not be a monster or a pervert but it's still wrong on many levels. Not the age gap but the breach of trust and the fact shes a minor.

I just have visions of him turning nasty, taking her phone off her and not letting her contact her parents

I agree that as a teacher he is supposed to be more mature and responsible, and that if he really did love her he would wait until she had left school. He must have known the consequesnces of running away with a 15 year old pupil no matter how in love they are.
As for the girl, I don't think at 15 she can possibly understand the severity of what they have done and the consequences. She seems mature but she's still only 15 when all said and done.
He might not be a monster or a pervert but it's still wrong on many levels. Not the age gap but the breach of trust and the fact shes a minor.

i don't care how mature she is, she's a 15 year old girl and he's her TEACHER! He was in a position of power and responsiblity, the whole situation is disgusting. Her parents put their trust in him. If I was them I'd be absolutely distraught. She's too young for all of this. If he loved her he should've been mature himself and waited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back