16 weeks and depressed

its best to get help, honestly

i love being a mum now! me aand rhys have bonded andstuff. even though sometimes i still get a bit down if hes screaming or wont eat etc!

it took me about 3 months to get over my pnd... maybe a bit longer if im honest!
It may be better to get help, but suposing it doesnt help? If I openly admit "YES I HAVE A PROBLEM, I ADMIT IT" They might think im an unfit mother.
As you can see, my way of thinking is obviously why Im having to 'talk' to someone at the moment, and this is possibly why im considered to be 'high risk'- but I dont like feeling as though im being 'assessed', im a human being and when Im in the company of the dr's, I feel like im nothing more than a 'project' to them.
Surely u know how that feels? If I admit there are a few issues, its like I have proved them all right, and thats something I really dont wanna do!

if you read my thread about feelin like a crap mother then you will see this isnt true. a lot of people get PND and have depression. tablets helped me be a fit mother i doubt i coulda done it otherwise

Surely u know how that feels? If I admit there are a few issues, its like I have proved them all right, and thats something I really dont wanna do!

why do you care about proving them right? surely you care about being a good mother more?​

why do you care about proving them right? surely you care about being a good mother more?
Of course. But was there ever a time throughout your PND where you thought to yourself "I wanna do this alone", "I want to overcome this on my own- by myself?"
See, just by writing these posts I make myself sound like a complete and utter nut case. God knows what you all must think.[/CENTER]

i got help straight away and didnt try to do it on my own

if you read my thread about feelin like a crap mother then you will see this isnt true. a lot of people get PND and have depression. tablets helped me be a fit mother i doubt i coulda done it otherwise
I did read it yes, but at the same time, although people do suffer from PND- For someone who is stubborn to admit that they may need help, thats not an easy thing to do!
Did you find it easy?
They tell me its not something to be ashamed of etc:, but I dont wanna feel like Im going mad, like theres something wrong with me, and isnt that what PND is? 'a condition'? Yes, maybe I should swollow my pride and get some help, but although I had a few problems in the past, I was never this bad which is why I cant understand whats changed or 'gone wrong' :( How can being pregnant/having a baby, change a persons way of thinking/feeling, so much?:cry:

I did read it yes, but at the same time, although people do suffer from PND- For someone who is stubborn to admit that they may need help, thats not an easy thing to do!
Did you find it easy?
They tell me its not something to be ashamed of etc:, but I dont wanna feel like Im going mad, like theres something wrong with me, and isnt that what PND is? 'a condition'? Yes, maybe I should swollow my pride and get some help, but although I had a few problems in the past, I was never this bad which is why I cant understand whats changed or 'gone wrong' :( How can being pregnant/having a baby, change a persons way of thinking/feeling, so much?:cry:

firstly i had PND and i wasnt 'mad' or 'psycotic' you can easily offend people for saying that. yes PND is a form of depression but its not that 'theres something wrong' with you. you are looking at PND as a really horrid/nasty thing and i must say i cant agree.
it is NOT something to be ashamed of, you are NOT making people think you are mad. you are simply admitting that you need help to be a good mum. theres no shame in that at all. i wanted what was best for my son. there was no doubt in my mind that i had to get help. yes i felt like crap after i was diagnosed but looking back im so glad i told my HV and doctor. it helped me so much

firstly i had PND and i wasnt 'mad' or 'psycotic' you can easily offend people for saying that. yes PND is a form of depression but its not that 'theres something wrong' with you. you are looking at PND as a really horrid/nasty thing and i must say i cant agree.

it is NOT something to be ashamed of, you are NOT making people think you are mad. you are simply admitting that you need help to be a good mum. theres no shame in that at all. i wanted what was best for my son. there was no doubt in my mind that i had to get help. yes i felt like crap after i was diagnosed but looking back im so glad i told my HV and doctor. it helped me so much
I didnt say you were mad, and I certainly didnt mean for it to come across like that.
Certain dr's and HV have got such a knack with words and they make you feel as though THEY believe you're a nut job.
I dont think Im nuts, or that having PND means you're nuts, but seeing as nobody has actually told me what PND is all about, hasnt explained a darn thing to me and expects me to agree to help, when I dont even know the first thing about the condition they're attempting to say I may have, how do you expect me to feel?
In NO WAY am I saying PND means you're mental- I was about to compliment you on your maturity actually (not to be patronizing), but you clearly have your head screwed firmly on your shoulders- and Im grateful for you explaining more about the way you felt, so please, dont take anything I said the wrong way, as I was not refering to you or anyone else, I was on about myself.

it came across as you thought everybody with PND was mad/psycotic and i just wanted to clear up that thats untrue. you did not offend me. if you havent been told clearly what PND is then of course you can come to wrong conclusions about it

it came across as you thought everybody with PND was mad/psycotic and i just wanted to clear up that thats untrue. you did not offend me. if you havent been told clearly what PND is then of course you can come to wrong conclusions about it
Sorry it came across that way, I didnt mean for it to sound so bad! :(
I think I may actually look in the PND forum, it seems the dr's aint going to explain it to me properly, so all I basically have for help is you guys!

no there isnt one on here... although wobs has been thinking of adding a section.

Join the club chick, Im feeling blue and Im not enjoying my pregnancy at all. I have not enjoyed it from the word 'go' and I really wish that I could.

Thank you for making me realise I'm not the only one who feels blue, you are right about me being more than a little paranoid in life but things have happened in the past that make me worry about simple things that I'll never be able to control.

I've got a MW appointment on Monday so I'm going to talk to her about how I've been feeling and I'll accept any help she offers me. I hope things get better for you :hugs:

sorry for hijacking your thread mechelle :hugs:

im here if you wanna pm me any time!

sorry for hijacking your thread mechelle :hugs:

That's ok, sounds like Louise needs to talk just as much as I do. I felt like a bad person for feeling blue but knowing that other people are suffering too makes me feel better - I know that sounds awful, it's not coming out right! I've managed to get through the day without crying so there's a plus (although I did throw up on the kitchen floor this morning).:blush:

aww mechelle, we all have tough days when we're pg (i couldnt eat bacon butties or pizza for 9 months without throwing up!)

its completely normal to feel blue :) and dont worry you're not alone :)

Chin up Mechelle, you have had it tough and should be proud of yourself for coming as far as you have :) I think you're a star! x x *hugs*

And Terrie, I have not touched anything that's made from pig, since I got pregnant. I've gone off bacon too. It's the salt- just thinking about it makes me gag!

not being able to eat bacon was just devastating! or eggs or anything with thick gooey melted cheese!

i was making DH a cooked breakfast one morning and had to open the back door to be sick!

not being able to eat bacon was just devastating! or eggs or anything with thick gooey melted cheese!

i was making DH a cooked breakfast one morning and had to open the back door to be sick!
Was it your choice to not eat cheese?
I looooove cheese on toast, but I totally understand where youre coming from in regards to the bacon. I cannot be anywhere near it, it makes me puke too!
Same with certain smells, catfood at the moment is just stomache churning.
What smells did it for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->