16 years today since Diana died...

I remember seeing the message on every channel saying to switch to a news channel. I was in second year of high school when that happened.

I was lying in bed with a guy I had met while working a summer season up north.

He was from Worksop and after we BTH went home I decided to pack a bag and go to be with him, crazy stuff, 3 weeks lat I packed my bag again and came home :haha:

But yeah we were lying in bed and put the radio on in the morning and heard the sad news, amazing to think that was 16 years ago, I remember it so vividly

I was only 5, I'd come downstairs to have my breakfast and put tv on but my Mum had heard it on the radio so she came in and changed the channel as it was all over the news :nope:

Yep I remember that all the kids in school were talking about how their mums were crying and so upset and thinking my mum must have a heart of stone or something because she just went 'eh thats sad' and carried on with her day!

yeah I was 12 and I remember hearing the tv on downstairs and getting up for a drink, it was super early like 4am or something, my mum was sitting watching it so i watched too, when I first came down it was just that she had been injured but was conscious!

I was in bed and heard my mum talking on the phone really early in the morning and it was obvious someone had died and she was crying and I thought someone in my family had died so it was actually a bit of a relief to me when I realised that it wasn't one of my family. I remember it clearly.

I was only 4, but I remember my mum telling me that my dad had been up early with my brother and he came to wake her up to tell her

I was 11 and just at the end of the summer holidays before starting high school. I was on the landing and my mum told me princess Diana had been killed in a car crash. I was so shocked :(

I was 5 or 6, but I remember it clearly. Watching the news with my Mum, the black car in the crash, my mum being upset, but she didn't cry. I didn't understand who she was at the time, I just remember being upset that a princess had died! xx

I was in a taxi on my way home from a night out because we had missed the last night bus. The taxi driver had the radio on and it was all they were talking about.

I was 7. I remember hearing it on the news. And the sea of flowers... wow, i'll never forget that. Doesn't seem like 16 years. Wow.

I remember waking up and turning on the television to see what the time was and seeing it on the news. My Mum and Dad were still asleep in bed so I woke them up and told them. My Dad didn't believe me and said I must have dreamt it. I remember feeling so sorry for Prince William and Prince Harry to have lost their Mum who loved them so much :cry:

i was just getting ready for school..

I was 5 and had no idea who she was - we had just come back from holiday though and I remember that my dad was totally devastated. He was really angry at me because I said I didn't know who she was. We ended up going to Buckingham palace to drop off flowers.

I was 8 and had got up early to watch cartoons. No one else was up, I put on one channel and it kept saying to turn to a news channel, I got annoyed and turned to another cartoon channel which at first didn't have the news channel thing up.. Eventually it did. I then remember eating breakfast and my mum had the news channel on and the news was just about it.

I never saw the news until it properly broke,was it just a person saying turn to a news channel?or just a note and blank screen?I finally put the tv on about 9am..x

I actually thought I had dreamt it at first as I had just got home from a party and was really drunk and was lying in bed listening to the radio as I fell asleep. In the morning I was quite surprised to see it had actually happened.

I was 17 or 18 and just got back from a night out and put the TV on in bed and saw it on the news..I remember feeling quite sad, I liked her a lot x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->