16 years today since Diana died...

I never saw the news until it properly broke,was it just a person saying turn to a news channel?or just a note and blank screen?I finally put the tv on about 9am..x

For me it was just a message at the bottom of the screen on both channels, saying something like please turn over to a news channel. I can't remember f it promoted a particular news channel or not but its was a message that took up roughly a quarter of the bottom of the screen. And it was constant. It didn't go of and on it was just always there

I had been at a party for 2 days and was in a flat with just music on and no telly! I remember my ex's Mum coming round in tears telling us Diana had died - for some reason she was pissed off that we didn't know! I was too hungover/still drunk to be sad about it at the time :/

I'll have been 8. I don't really remember it. I remember my mam crying at the funeral and being really confused because I'd always thought Princess Diana was widely hated, for some reason!

I was 5 when it happened. I remember seeing news footage and the like, but I am unable to actually recall her death. I think it's mostly due to the fact that my great-grandmother died the same week. Remember the tears streaming down my mum's face like it was yesterday :/

I was sleeping over at my dad's and I think he told me she passed away when I woke up.

I remember seeing it on the news, I was in the lounge jumping on the sofa and then the news came on and said about it. My parents didn't like her so it wasn't a sad moment for us.

I was eleven and remember seeing it on the tv. Tbh I don't think I understood, I'd never experienced death at that point. I felt sad I guess but in a detached way. I don't remember my family reacting to it particularly.

I'll have been 8. I don't really remember it. I remember my mam crying at the funeral and being really confused because I'd always thought Princess Diana was widely hated, for some reason!

Me too! My brother came in the bedroom and told me and I was like, "oh well no one liked her really" and my family all told me off! I guess at that age I didnt really have empathy for the fact that she was a young mum and so on. I was 11 so I probably should have had more empathy really, I do feel guilty about it now. I was also going through an age where I thought crying was childish so I didn't watch the funeral in case I cried. I remember the shops were closed so I couldn't buy any hockey boots for school and I was worrying. I lost quitea few people around that time including my uncle with 3 young children dying suddenly and a girl from my school class being killed in a car crash. I remember thinking how death is just one of those things. So I guess I was a bit desensitised at that time x

I was 8 and my best friend was sleeping over...we were eating brekkie and were just like ermmm so what? We didnt understand why everyone was so upset at the time :(

I remember it as clear as day.

I went down stairs and my mum was on the phone and I remember hearing 'Of course I'm sad for her boys but I never knew the woman'. Which pretty much sums up my mother.

My cousin phoned me later and we cried together about a princess dying.

I was 11 when it happened. I remember going downstairs in the morning with my little sister (who was 9) to watch cartoons. Saw all the stuff saying switch to the news etc and remember running to tell our parents who were still in bed. They didn't believe me at first and thought I was on about the Queen Mum :haha:

I was on holiday at centre parcs when the message about switching to news channels came up

Yeah at my Grandads birthday party, my Nan spent the entire day crying because of Diana.

I was 14, my mum woke me and we watched the news on tv. I delivered the belfast telegraph newspaper at the time and for weeks they were sooooo heavy and almost 5x bigger than normal with supplements and pull outs...

I was 10 and remember being asleep on top bunk and my mum crying when she came into tell me and I was just like "OK" didnt realise really.

I was at home and mum told me when i was walking down the stairs after getting up, i was like "No". So sad.

xxx

I was about 10, and at my nan's - loads of ppl actually gathered on the street to talk about it.

I was about 10 and saw it on the news. I remember watching the funeral too with Elton John performing and all the candles. My best friend at the time kept crying at school and saying it was a conspiracy. I asked her what she meant and she said she didn't know.

I was 12. My best friend and I had had a sleep over the night before and I remember it being all over the news. My mum and dad had just split up and my mum came round crying her heart out just wanting to hug us. Ive never seen her so distraught. Makes me sad to think of her like that :cry:

I was 21 and home from University for the holidays. I remember getting up and going into the kitchen and my mum was watching the news and she said "There's terrible news from Paris this morning" and we both sat and watched it in total shock. I can't believe it was 16 years ago. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->