17 and scared

jessica17

Reaction score
hey :) im 17 and found out i was pregnant at 16 weeks, was abit shocked and and distraughted as i had no signs
i had a full period and more bleeding after that, no sickness nothing.
Im 20 weeks now and things are lookin up, im starting to look forward to it but i just cant get over LABOUR!!! i am absolutley petrified and cant stand the thought of it, is there anyone that has felt the same as this???? anyone that can that tell me wat its like???? pretty please thank u xxxxxxxxx

Hey sweety, try not to think about labour too much and just take every day at a time, if you start filling your head with horror stories then you are bound to be scared, I don't think anyone finds labour fun but we will cope, everyone else does. Big hugs xx

awww thank u, just soooo nervous and im just wanting to enjoy it now xxxxx

maybe you should talk to your mumma about it a little she may help to settle your mind. Just quit your worrying and enjoy it as much as possible xxxx

Hey, I'm Kris. We're TTC #1 and I have the exaclt same fear that you do. I love the idea of regnancy and parenting but the idea of birth scares me shitless. but trillions of women before us have done it so we should be ok..

.....RIGHT?! :p

I wouldn't ask anyone what labour is like. Everyone is different. When I found out I was pregnant I was terrified. Now I couldn't be happier that in a few weeks I'll have a little girl! Labour is just one day that starts the rest of your life. You won't even remember it after, once you have that baby in your arms :)

:abour was a big issue for me too in keeping my baby. But the more educated you get the better it is. Just think of the end product! I've looked into hypnobirthing and prenatal yoga which is helping too.

:hi: and welcome. don't be worrying. you'll be fine. i had my first at 18 and i got through it fine. you'll have a wonderful little baby at the end of it so try to enjoy every day :hugs:

I am reading a book at the moment...."childbirth without fear"
Its a classic written in the 1940s, a time when it was seen as being normal to interfere with the labor process and women were advised not to breast feed due to it being inconvenient.
The author wrote the book after delivering a baby for a mother who did not want pain killers. When he queried her decision she said that it was not meant to hurt. This started his research and changed a lot of views.
Its a very uplifting book to read and is still used by student midwives today.

I'm not saying it doesn't hurt, I have no experience (yet) but I know that by the time you get to sleepless nights, achy hips, swollen feet and general tiredness you end up not being able to wait and wishing it to come.

Your best bet is to educate yourself, remember that all mammals do it and we have been doing it for thousands of years. Try to trust your body and become aware of what it is doing at what time.

If all else fails, there is always an epi, right? ;)

I am sure you will be fine, and just think of the little darling you will get shortly after. :hugs:

I had my first when I was just 20 and I was soooo worried about the labour. It's only natural - the fear of the unknown. Everyone has a different experience but the common theme that generally runs though each one is the way it's totally worth it and that any hardwork etc you'd just been through just melted away when you held your little one for the first time.
I am actually really looking forward to it this time.

I don`t think anyone can be prepared for labour really i`m 21wks pregnant with my 2nd and i am more scared this time i have moments when i think oh my god i cant do this than i think well i`m going to have a beautiful baby girl at the end might i add bring on the end i`m over been pregnant

Welcome! I'm 19, and birth scares the crap out of me as well, but I try not to think about it too much! It will be worth it and will be an experience! :)

Congratulations and welcome to BNB :)

Welcome hun, congrats on your pregnancy, as for labour everybody has a different experience, try not to think about that now tho and enjoy your pregnancy

I was absolutely petrified when I was pregnant with my first. I just dreaded the thought of labour and I really can't explain how I felt about it.......but here I am with 2 kiddies and wanting more, so it can't be that bad after all:)

Congratulations on your pregnancy and wishing you a very healthy & happy one! :hugs: x

everyone panics.
But plenty of women do it.
If you're absolutely terrified surely a c section could be an option. But you're at a great age to give birth - so flexible!! you should feel sorry for all us oldies! (I'm 30)
My doc told me to not worry - plenty of thigns can happen ina pregnancy to advise us againsta v-birth anyway ...hig blood pressure, big baby etc. Just take things one step at a time.

my labour was amazing dont stress take your own time with everything and enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->