17 Month old with severe travel sickness

tinkabells

Reaction score
Hiya,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me, My daughter is 17 months old, and she has suffered from travel sicknes for awhile now with cars,trains and plane, but it has now kicked up a notch, she is now travel sick on buses
Im going to be taking her to the drs in the week, because if we cant go on buses we're not going to be going anywhere anymore, I was wondering if anyone else has children like this and what the dr may offer if anything?
Thank you xxx

would she keep travel sickness bands on? im pretty sure you can get some meant for toddlers

My oldest daughter did and still does suffer from terrible motion sickness. Those bands do help ( when she was small we got one that fit around her ankle) we also used Gravel non-drowsey for long trips in the car or on the plane.
It was also important that she keep cool ( getting warm cause the sickness to be worst ) so no matter how far we travel we always kept the window cracked a little bit.

At what age does travel sickness generally start to show?

I've suffered with travel sickness since I was a baby. All my mum could really do was to take changes of clothes with her. The things that currently help me fight it are - always facing forwards, looking out the window, sleeping, playing games like eye spy or count the cars etc - something that makes you look out the window. Most importantly, eat something, if I'm hungry I'll get car sick in minutes. Hope this helps

I don't really have any advise but my friend's toddler is the same. She is sick every single time they go on any form of transport. I agree with Marley that being hungry is likely to aggrevate it, I know I feel really sick when I'm hungry. Keeping windows open a little might help too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->