17 weeks and no real bump?

MrsPow

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm currently 17 weeks with baby number 3 and still don't really have a bump-I'm just looking fat! Anyone else in he same boat? Also I've hardly felt any definite movements and I felt them much earlier with my other 2?

Thanks in advance x

I had no bump until around 22 weeks. I've had heaps of growth in the past 4 weeks. I felt movements at 15 weeks though. It can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy.

I don't have much of a bump and still am not feeling definitive movements. This pregnancy is so different than my 2 others. I felt both my other two from 11-12 weeks and on, this one I still don't feel pregnant and finding it hard to believe there's a baby in there!

i am on my 3rd and my bump didnt start looking like a bump until around 21 weeks. Even now when i get up in the morning it looks a lot flatter than the end of the day. I felt my first flutters at around 17 weeks but nothing regular until 21 weeks. I still get quiet days now.

I have never been this small at this point so its quite strange for me. i am just hoping it means i can loose the belly quicker after birth :haha:

Nope, not just you. I'm 23 weeks and while I do look sort of pregnant now, it's still not a true baby bump. I just look a bit pudgier around the middle but I like to *think* my bump has popped. :haha: And this baby has thrown every pg pattern I've had out the window. My other three were all carried high enough I wore my pants the whole way thru my pg. Didn't need maternity clothes at all. I felt movement as early as 13-14 weeks and it got steadily more regular as the days went by. This time, bubs is hanging out low down and I had to buy maternity pants for the first time ever. And movement didn't get super obvious until my 20 weeks. In fact, I was worried about the baby until my 20 week anatomy scan when the sonographer showed me baby was actually VERY active but was using the placenta as a punching bag. My placenta is anterior and baby is breech so much of his/her movement is actually being absorbed-which is why I didn't feel more movement until baby got big enough to bop around it.

Don't worry, it is completely normal at this stage. This is my fourth and the placenta with this baby is posterior, meaning all the blows *should* be going to my belly, but I didn't start feeling the first true movements until 18-18 1/2 weeks. My bump also looks smaller this time than in my previous pregnancies, but he was measuring in the 80th percentile at my anatomy scan so not a small baby. He was most active between 19-22 weeks but now I think he is so big and so cramped that I only feel him shifting positions, not true full force punches or kicks anymore.

Nice to hear it's not just me! It still hasn't sunk in that I'm pregnant which is weird. Also I'm feeling very 'wet ' down there all the time. I dont remember it being like that before. I'm worried I could be leaking fluid???

Is it a baby number 3 thing? I barely looked pregnant at 24w with my 3rd.

This time I'm massive already :haha: probably still bloat in my case!

Pink, have you deflated since 1st tri? (Hoping I do!)

Dan-o, o yes, I've most definitely deflated!! All that bloat went away left me wondering if I am actually pregnant :haha:
Here's a comparison of 8+4 (blue dress) and 17+4 (grey shirt)

Attachments

• IMG_20170402_185413_501.jpg
    IMG_20170402_185413_501.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 7
  • 20170601_072817.jpg
    20170601_072817.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 6
Oh gosh hope for me yet then! That's astounding! :haha:

Lovely neat bump now! <3

Pink and Dano I was really bloated at first too and now I feel way way smaller. No way anyone can tell I'm preggo!

Have you ladies gained weight? I've gained nothing. This has never happened to me where I haven't gained SOMETHING by now. And this isn't even my most sick pregnancy.

Attachments

• IMG_8592.jpg
    IMG_8592.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 5
I've gained 7 pounds. Much more than I was hoping because I was still 3-4 lbs from target weight after dd2, it doesn't sound like much but when you are 4'10" every pound seems more for my size!

Pink you look so tiny still though &#10084;&#65039;

Hi ladies
Sorry to barge in here but the first trimester thread was awfully quiet and I can't seem to start a new thread. Apologies. Now Has anyone of you ever been prescribed antibiotics during pregnancy week 12? I' had a nasty fever and slight cough was taken to the emergency and blood tests showed a minor infection. Doc said they must tackle fever as that fastens the baby's hb too. So I was given an iv for paracetamol and an antibiotic.
Now today I have no fever thank God but I'm supposed to take antibiotics for the next 5 days (1000mg daily) and I'm really really worried about that

The antibiotic is cefuroxime.

Nadyaraza: It's category B in the US. If you're concerned about taking it, call your OB or midwife for advice. You do need to address the infection though as that puts you at risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->