18 kids and counting...

bluebaby

Wife & mum to a princess
Reaction score
Have you seen the programme 18 kids and counting on discovery health? Its a family from America who have got 18 kids, well i saw on the news that they have just had another girl. 19 kids and they still want more!!!!

All their names begin with a J

Joshua,
Jana & John-David (twins),
Jill,
Jessa,
Jinger,
Joseph,
Josiah,
Joy-Anna,
Jedidiah & Jeremiah (twins),
Jason,
James,
Justin,
Jackson,
Johannah,
Jennifer
Jordyn
Josie

https://tlc.discovery.com/tv/duggars/

we watch it occasionally though it's now 19 kids and counting over here ;)

I saw that on the news earlier... That is one large family! XD

If I had that many kids I'd forget their names! It must be quite a tongue twister if the parents need to say all their names at once!

She has now had 19 and she was on the news in the UK today, she s thinking about having no 20 :wacko:

After her last daughter was 12 weeks early, i would have thought that 19 is enough as i can imagine she is at risk of pre term labour again.

V xxxx

Now that's weird 'cos on my channel its "17 kids and counting". Is it the one with Jim and Michelle the parents? Tbh, I haven't watched it all that much but was totally shocked that they had so many kiddies.

Now that's weird 'cos on my channel its "17 kids and counting". Is it the one with Jim and Michelle the parents? Tbh, I haven't watched it all that much but was totally shocked that they had so many kiddies.

Yeah it started as '17 and counting' then '18 and counting' and now '19 and counting'. They have said that they have abandoned all forms of contraception and are just letting god decide.

She has now had 19 and she was on the news in the UK today, she s thinking about having no 20 :wacko:

After her last daughter was 12 weeks early, i would have thought that 19 is enough as i can imagine she is at risk of pre term labour again.

V xxxx

Number twenty?! Some may disagree with me, but I think she is selfish! She needs to stop "leaving it up to God." Her poor little girl almost didn't make it! I would be worried sick if I were her and pregnant yet again.

It's madness if you ask me. Before they had their first baby, the wife was on birth control pill and became pregnant but had a miscarriage and believe that it was God punishing them for using birth control so have never used any since then.
Her kids are becoming more and more premature the more she has. The latest one was born at just 25 weeks I think. Being pregnant constantly for the last 20 years is obviously taking a toll on her body, she's having more and more trouble maintaining a pregnancy to term. I don't think it's fair tbh... :nope:

they may have some unorthodox beliefs but they donate so much time and money to other people and communities. they don't just pop out child after child to get more money, they don't believe in birth control and the woman is VERY fertile.

the one thing i do not agree with about that family is that they have college funds set up for their boys but not for their girls.

they may have some unorthodox beliefs but they donate so much time and money to other people and communities. they don't just pop out child after child to get more money, they don't believe in birth control and the woman is VERY fertile.

the one thing i do not agree with about that family is that they have college funds set up for their boys but not for their girls.

Of course they don't have college funds for the girls. They are there to take care of the younger children. :wacko:

She is 43.

Why aint the set up funds for the girls.

TBH, i have never seen her look after the kids, they all seem to buddy them off and thats it.

V xxxxxx

She is 43.

Why aint the set up funds for the girls.

TBH, i have never seen her look after the kids, they all seem to buddy them off and thats it.

V xxxxxx

I think they believe that the women should get married, stay at home and look after the kids and the husband. Yeah the kids seem very grown up and very self-sufficent. The oldest child is now married and has a child (think he is about 18ish). I think i read somewhere that since she has been having kids she has been pregnant every 18 months. I do agree that her body is getting tired and she is now having babies way too early. The newest baby josie spent 6 months in hospital and she was quoted saying when the baby was brought home from hospital 'I'm not pregnant right now, but that could change tomorrow or the next day or the next week.'
'That is out of my hands.'
:dohh:

i wouldnt have any more if my children were at that much risk, its not fair, but thats just my opioion.

My SIL always have babies 5 weeks early and this time they insisted she have steriod injections although she made such a fuss and said she didnt want them, that her other children were fine and she didnt want them, but they insisted and she gave it! was shocked at that because persoanlly i would do anything to insure they have every change.

but this woman has already had 19 kids! seriously! and she wants more dispite the risks!

I love watching the duggars, I like their tradition values, yes they don't have college funds for the girls but they do still support them if they want to go to college, for example their 2nd eldest girl is going to nursing college and they are supporting her, because thats what she wanted to do so it isn't a case of they can't go.

Oh I watched this last week, but it was called 16 kids and counting, or something along those lines. My goodness, 19 children...

yep i love this show. i have it series linked on our Austar box :) I love learning about them and their family. At the moment they are still 18 kids and counting.. but we are soon to be into the new season... i cant wait to learn more about them. I dont think what they are doing is wrong or selfish.. if they can afford to support all of the children and all the kids are happy and healthy than why not :) that is the way i see it....

All the luck and good health to them i say :) As well as happiness and strenght as well :)

I guess I just think it is selfish because it seems impossible to me (and I stress this strongly) to give individual attention and time to EACH child, and I think that is important for every child to have. And knowing that she is in her forties and thus at a bigger risk for pre-term labor, that seems selfish in itself. Putting a child's life at risk, not to mention her own? I don't think that is what God wants! The way Josie was paraded around on TV and in magazines just makes me feel sick. Of course their parents made money off of that. :( I just think they are crazy period.

19 kids and counting over here and honestly, like many others have said already, after seeing Josie being born way too early with possible surgeries, etc. ahead of her... i don't think i would choose to become pregnant with the 20th! other than that, it's their life... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->