18 weeks, feeling anxious from lack of movement compared to previous babies

EarthMama

Mom of 2 & pregnant!
Reaction score
I have felt baby a few times...but nothing major, not like my other babies. I felt this one only once from the outside...then nothing for several days now. At the ultrasound I had at 15 weeks, the lady said that my baby is positioned vertically and facing inwards. I have no idea if it's the same way now, but I'm kind of bummed I'm not feeling more considering it's my 3rd one.

Anyone in my boat? I just heard the heartbeat again the other day and occasionally I feel a flutter or kick, but like I said, NOTHING like my other 2 babies by now.

Not only does it worry me wondering about the baby's health (at ultrasound he/she looked perfectly healthy, and right on target with growth, but you know, mamas worry), but I find it makes pregnancy less fun waiting for those movements, I'm bored, I want to feel more kicks. :-/

Do you have an anterior placenta? That can buffer the movement. I have one but i can still feel bub. I feel him/her every and its only light taps so far :)

My placenta at the 15 week scan was near my cervix, so very low...although the lady said that it should start to float up soon. I do wonder if it's floating up in front. I have another ultrasound next week so I'll ask then.

My daughter was whacking me like crazy by now, as was my son...I could feel movements from the outside continuously throughout the day by 16/17 weeks with them. I really have not felt much from this one, just some wiggles or light taps every few days, and I haven't felt anything in a few days now, sadly!

Same here! Felt flutters from about 15+ weeks. Now 19 weeks & still the same. He's very low. My belly grew quite a bit over the past 2 weeks, but he keeps hanging out near my pelvic bone. I had this with first as well. I worry sometimes, but then he gently taps a few times. 3-4 times, that's all I get. I have a Doppler, so I check in every couple of days. I have my next US on the 18th. Can't wait.

I have a posterior placenta and still don't feel the baby all the time. At my 20 week scan, baby was moving like crazy and I didn't feel a thing. My doctor said at my last appointment (22 +6) that baby is still quite small so we won't feel all the kicks and thats why they start kick counting from the beginning of 3rd trimester.

I felt movements in my first pregnancy at 15 weeks. By 18 they were strong. This time around they weren't consistent until 22 weeks. Now she is stronger than my son was at this point.

Thought it was just me Who felt like this . 16 weeks today and nothing definite, was feeling both my others before now. I find it worrying and unnerving, thankfully I have a Doppler to use at home.

I'm the same. Baby number three and can't feel anything. Scan at 16 weeks and heart beat heard last week and all was fine but quite worried. I was sure I was feeling things earlier on at about 14 weeks but nothing since then. At the scan I was told not to leave getting a 4d scan too late because of the position of the placenta so wondering if this means it's anterior! Good luck with everything x

Baby #3 here too and not feeling as much as my boys at the same stage (16 weeks). Just assumed I would feel more and earlier as it's my 3rd but no. I get the littlest of pokes and prods and occasionally have a squirm here and there! Wish I could feel more x

this is my 3rd pregnancy and I havent felt anything definate yet either! I am starting to get paranoid about it....had my 16 week appointment 2 weeks ago and everything looked good but I just have a bad feeling...go back in 2 weeks for my 20 week appointment

My second-born child was sooo quiet in the womb. We rarely ever felt him. When he was born, he was quiet and relaxed all of the time. Now, he's 2 and is still very, very chill. That's just his personality. I thoug something was wrong with him, but he's just really calm and has been, even in the womb!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->