18 Weeks & I have the flu!!!

melywely

Reaction score
I'm 18 weeks pregnant and have been trying to avoid getting sick this year. Well I managed to get the flu and I feel miserable. I am sneezing and have a stuffy nose. No fever thank goodness!

It all started 2 days ago when I had a scratchy throat with some sneezing, then it turned into a sore throat, and then today I can't breathe through my nose. :(

Anyone know if this is hurting the baby? I am worried...

Thank you!

Sounds more like a cold than flu to be honest. Just rest when you can and you and baby should be fine

Pregnant women have a higher risk of complications from flu, but it sounds like you just have a common cold which won't hurt the baby at all.

There are plenty of natural remedies you can use to help treat a cold. Try pressing your philtrum with your finger to stop sneezes, drink hot water with lemon and honey to soothe your throat and put your face above a bowl of boiling water and a few drops of eucalyptus oil with a towel over the top to help unblock your nose. You can also drink lots of orange juice for vitamin C and eat raw garlic or take garlic capsules to help it pass quicker.

I spent yesterday afternoon at the emergency doctors who had diagnosed me with mild flu, says won't affect the baby, just need to rest and drink plenty

Thank you everyone!

I am already starting to feel better. I can now breathe through my nose! :)

Hun, if you were able to post, it ain't flu!

I had it with my second pregnancy. It caused preterm labour at 23 weeks. When they told me that wouldn't do anything to help the baby I didn't care.

Signed. Avid supporter of the flu jab!

I'm 18 weeks pregnant and have been trying to avoid getting sick this year. Well I managed to get the flu and I feel miserable. I am sneezing and have a stuffy nose. No fever thank goodness!

It all started 2 days ago when I had a scratchy throat with some sneezing, then it turned into a sore throat, and then today I can't breathe through my nose. :(

Anyone know if this is hurting the baby? I am worried...

Thank you!

Sounds like a cold!

Slippery elm tea is great for throat soreness. Drink tons of water and then drink even more water. Try to rest as much as you can, eat raw organic fruits and veggies for vitamin and antioxidant boost. Maybe do a session of gentle yoga to help get things moving, steam some water with a touch of peppermint or eucalyptus oil to clear and soothe the sinuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->