• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

18 with A LOT of questions

sckb18

Reaction score
so my boyfriend and i had unprotected sex, but used the withdraw method about a week ago. for the past two days, i have been moody and have had some discharge that i've never had before. it started as a clear, stretchy, snot-type and is now cloudy/white and still stretchy. I've had the normal white discharge before and also clear discharge, but im just not really sure how to fully describe this discharge. at one point, it almost felt like i started my period because there was so much. i have been bloated and gassy and I've had cramps and i wanted to pass it off as just constipation, but i go regularly. today, i woke up a bit sick and my mom cooked me eggs and i couldn't even think abut eating them without gagging. later into the day, i ate some pizza rolls and tried to eat some fries, but got 2 down before feeling sick from being so full, but 10 minutes later i felt like i hadn't eaten in days. same as now, i ate until i was almost sick, and an hour later, i feel as if i haven't eaten all day! i don't know if its nerves or not, and i don't know anything about DPO or anything like that so id really appreciate some advice during this two week wait :)

I wouldn't worry about anything unless/until you miss your period. I had similar symptoms leading up to my period this last cycle and I wasn't pregnant our bodies can mock pregnancy with pre period symptoms so until you're late i wouldn't worry

If you only had unprotected sex a week ago, it’s unlikely that the feelings you’ve got currently are due to pregnancy - you can’t get pregnancy symptoms until the level of the pregnancy hormone (hcg) reaches a certain level - this can’t happen at all until the fertilised egg implants, and begins to release the hormone - which doesn’t happen until about 6 - 10 days after you have unprotected sex (presuming you’ve had sex around ovulation time - typically two weeks after your period), and even then the levels would be very low at first and unlikely to cause symptoms. It’s the natural cycle that seems to cause these symptoms in most women - pregnant or not :/
That being said, the withdrawal method is not a form of contraception, and will not protect you from pregnancy or stds so I really recommend exploring the different types of birth control available, and if you do find your period is late do a pregnancy test.
I hope things turn out the way you want!
Good luck :)

Well you CAN have early pregnancy symptoms even before you get a positive test because, as soon as you conceive, the fertilized egg releases a hormone to stop your body from rejecting it when it goes to implant. This hormone can cause early pregnancy symptoms such as sore boobs, cramping, headaches, etc. The changes in appetite can happen too but that usually doesn't come until later, like around 6 weeks. Really the only way you can tell for sure is to take a test around when your period is due.

Well you CAN have early pregnancy symptoms even before you get a positive test because, as soon as you conceive, the fertilized egg releases a hormone to stop your body from rejecting it when it goes to implant.

What hormone is this as I haven’t heard of it? I don’t think there is any way your body can know it is pregnant until implantation as it’s basically travelling inside you - unattached. There are hormones released every month to prepare the body in case of pregnancy? But that’s a typical part of the cycle and wouldn’t cause a change in symptoms. I’d be really interested in this as I always symptom spot in the 2ww, despite thinking it’s fruitless and it might give me a bit more hope sometimes! Lol!

I got my bfp at 9-10dpo with my son and one of my symptoms was absolute insane hunger. To the point it made me feel sick. I'd eat, feel full, then half hr later be starving hungry!
The only real way to tell is to test and its best to wait until your expected period is due before you do x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"