Aww your not going backwards. She's had a little taster for it so now when she's ready she'll probably enjoy it. :D

Not sleeping through is one of the 'false signs' of readiness for solids anyway. I'm surprised HVs are still advising to wean for this reason.
Apparently weaning is often a lot easier and more enjoyable for you both if you wait til 6m because that's when the vast majority of babies are really ready.

Your not going back at all hun...if anything you are moving foward and going in the right direction. You tried it and it didnt work so now you've got to find a new trick ;)

Your her mother and you know best hun...give it a bit longer and im sure she will love it! x

My HV keeps pushing me to wean ....well Lily gained 10oz this week so that peed on her bonfire ...please do not feel presure to wean x

They are all different....when they are ready to wean you will know...trust your instincts and not what HV's say - as they go by the book.....unfortunately babies...DO NOT

Your baby will let you know when shes ready. We were on holiday last week and the fresh air gave Emily a HUGE appetite. Shes gone from pushing the food around her mouth and spitting it out to opening her mouth wide open for it! Don't rush things, you're doing the right thing x

she'll let you know when she's ready! :)
you're definitely doing the right thing imo!
you don't want to get yourselves stressed out over it!

I tried giving little tasters to one of my twins at 4 months,because she seemed ready and i did the same with my first daughter,we lasted couple baby spoons lol and gave up after 2-3 days.
They are starting solids both now,and seem much more ready,it just shows that even sisters are totally different babies :) and we should go at their own pace.

We were told we had to wean Niamh at 17wks in preparation for her cleft palate repair. It was a total disaster (mainly because of her cleft) but she just wasn't ready, was still waking for 2 night feeds and still refluxing. So we had a break from weaning. We started again when she was about 5 months and things were much better. I'm sure things will be better for you next time round.

I seem to be getting the opposite advise. My lo has trouble with bottles and I asked about weaning as he's showing interest and was told that I shouldnt until hes at least 6 months old and hv's arent allowed to give any other advise other than that. I'd like to try him but hv said not to :(

Also was told you srent supposed to go bsck a stage in formula milk. I went onto hungrier to try and help with my lo's bottle problems and when it was no different I was gonna go back a stage but was told you arent supposed to.

Shouldn't there be a rule book for all hvs lol

Hope your lo settles into a routine for you soon :)

It's fine to go back to first milk if hungry milk doesn't suit you. I've given Ruby first milk loads of times although she usually has hungry milk. Lots of people on here have chnaged back to first milk from hungry, from what I understand it doesn't suit a lot of babies.

The hungry milk just contains more cow's milk protein so it takes longer to digest.

thanks ever so for that infomation. I ended up driving 30 miles to get the milk my lo had because my nearest shop didn't have the made up milk in the hungrier as my hv said you can't go back a stage, least now if the shop is out of stock of the hungrier I can go and get some of the first stage to tide us over :)

Yeah, if I couldn't get hold of any hungrier milk I wouldn't hesitate to give her first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->