1st baby was late

haze

Mum + Pink Bump
Reaction score
Will this one be too?
I had my little boy at 42 weeks (was induced) and Im worried I will go over that much this time too. I was soooo uncomfortable towards the end, I had severe SPD and it was just awful.
My SPD is about 10x worse with this baby and it came on a lot earlier aswell I don't think I could cope going over again...
So does it mean my 2nd baby will be late if the first one was?

not necesserilly, with my mother my sister came early and i was late and with my OHs mother all her babies were at different stages one early one late and two on time so i think it depends on the baby really... but i hope it doesnt have a pattern because if i have another baby after this one and its late i think id just break down im already at that point and iv not even reached due date yet

Im in agony already with my hips and I still have 10 weeks left and Im huuuuuge, seriously if I get much bigger I'll fall over.

I'll let you know. My first was 14 days overdue, so I'm sooo hoping this one doesn't follow suit! I am MUCH bigger this time and was already as uncomfortable as I was at the end the first time by about your stage this time. Plus I have spd this time and didn't the first time. I think you're much more likely to go overdue the first time - at le4ast that's what I'm clinging on to!!

I heard first time babies are often late too

Not really, no, my first baby was 11 days late, my second was 9 days early, hoping this one comes v v v soon, because of the spd too :-/ x

ahhh i hope it does happen sooner for 2nd baby i was induced at 10days over had her on the 11th day over so fingers crossed i dont go over as much this time xx

my first was a week late and my 2nd was 4 days early

if your spd is really bad id discuss it with your dr they may induce you at 39 weeks ive heard of it done a good few times

I don't think they would here. I will mention it at my next mw appointment though :)

No. Just because your first baby was late dosen't mean your 2nd will be. My mum went a week over due with me, Then got pregnant with my sister and had her 4 week's early

There is hope! :D

Both of mine have been 8 days late, but for some reason I have a feeling that this one is going to be early - god i hope I'm not wrong!!

:hugs:my last one was 2 wks over and i had spd. i have severe spd wit this one started at 10 wks and im on crutches its exruciating so i feel ur pain hun. was so hoping id have this baby a few wks early but sadly still no sign and im due on 3rd feb im totaly fed up and cant stop crying but the hospital wud not induce. they have booked me in on my due date to b induced but all depeds on how busy they r and if there r beds sadly they r inducing me for other reasons and not spd they said they will not induce because of spd i think its totaly shitty and unfair. go to ur gp c if they can giv u something to help ease the pain. xxx

M first i went to 42 weeks and was induced, had lost my plug at about 39 weeks and got uber excited only for nothing to happen at all, not a twinge...so was induced in the end :(

Second time i went over to 42 weeks and had an induction date booked and i tried it all in that last week, castor oil (dont do it...made me so ill:sick:), couldnt try sex as ex hubby wasnt interested the unhelpful twat....and on the last night i had a mega hot home made curry which started off contractions but they never got strong enough so the next day they induced me as planned.

I'm hoping and praying that i can go into labour naturlly this time and asap as i am too uncomfy to sleep, my legs ache, im feeling like crap and baby is getting very big now too.

Fingers crossed we all get our natural labours when we want them.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->