1st cycle fail....

1234baby

Reaction score
I just joined BabyandBump. Yesterday's Qual blood test was negative (11 dpo) and I was hoping it was a mistake. Sure enough this morning's hpt (honestly the 13th I've taken-- I'm not patient at all lol--) was another big fat blank staring back at me. I'm crampy and feel like AF will make an appearance soon (I'm due in 2 days). So I guess I'm out for this cycle. I'm soooo bummed!!! I had so many symptoms, I thought it was a sure thing. We're hoping for #4, we have three beautiful girls and we all really want to add a boy to the family. I mc'd in October, had D&C in Nov... maybe my body needed more time to heal? I'm very high risk as I've had 6 mc over the years but we seem to have figured out the proper hormone cocktail to improve my chances. I've been in such a time warp since this last one that it feels like a year's gone by but logically I suppose it's only been a few months. My hubby's going to be deployed and we only have one more shot next cycle before having to wait till June. I'm trying to see the bright side (can safely have a glass of wine again once AF comes, get my roots done, etc.) but I'm really disappointed and looking forward to being able to share this journey with some soul sisters going through a similar process. Thanks for listening.

12dpo can be too early to test. Some ppl don't test positive after they've missed Af. Don't get sad yet, as its not over till Af shows!

And welcome! There's lots of good info and support on these forums!

Thanks for the support SnortyBear! So far AF hasn't made an appearance but I've had a temp drop and last night I was so desperate for chocolate cake that I figured out how to make it even though I was sans two important ingredients. And then I ate half of it. It's not looking good but I'm distracting myself by thinking about next cycle.

Still no AF. :) I'm oficially 1 day late! Just a sticky stringy brownish discharge when I wiped today which made me think it was about to start but it's gone now. In the office today I was cursing myself for being crazy enough to have all these imaginary pregnancy symptoms when I'm not pregnant. It's really impressive the games your mind can play on you. But I'm super regular and should have started, so now I'm wondering if this Little guy is just a late implanter? Going to give it a few more days and see what happens, one more negative test this cycle will push me over the edge haha. My other three kids (all girls) gave me a bfp by now, maybe it's a sign that it's a boy.... or maybe I'm reading way too much into this... happy to say I'm still in the game! Hanging by a thread but still in.

sounds promising, 1234baby! if yesterday was one day late, I hope you're posting today for a 2nd day late!

Thanks for checking in. AF showed that same day and I was too depressed to post lol. This month we went to the doc for advice since I won't be seeing dh for a few months and want to make sure we give this cycle the best odds. He gave me FSH and HCG injections a few days before ovulation to boost things along and now I'm on progesterone and baby aspirin because of my history of mc. I'm now 4 dpo with instructions to get a beta on the 7th and if bfp start heparin immediately. Meantime, I decided to not get my hopes up too much this cycle if at all possible.

good luck! hopefully you will be really relaxed and have a great month!

I hope this next cycle works out for you! We also have 3 girls, hoping for a little boy. Been trying since August with no luck. :nope:

Thanks MomOf3Girls. Hang in there!!!! Lots of baby dust to all of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->