1st feed help please!!

thelilbump

♥ mummy to a princess ♥
Reaction score
so i'm giving the first feed today :sad1:

i know a lot of people say about starting on plain baby rice but the health visitor said it was a waste of tim as most babies won't take it so we're going in at fruit!

we've prepared some stewed apple so far but i have some questions;

a) should i add some milk to the puree?
b) should i add some baby rice just to take the sharpness off the fruit?

help someone pleaseeee :shrug:

When I first fed Lola veggies (or fruit in your case) I mixed baby cereal with it to go easier, to thin the taste a bit.
You just make normal baby rice and then add pureed fruit and mix it up.

If you want to try with just fruit, then yes, you add formula/breastmilk to the puree.

Jasmine loves baby rice.. I dont know why your hv said it was a waste... baby rice is VERY easy to digest and helps your baby transition into solids... Different types of fruites and veggies can be harder to digest.

I usually mix some in with a fruit or veggie now just for a bit of extra filler. And to get more formula into her.

You've prob already done it by now but I did the same as you just fruit first. My Hv also advised to start proper food straight away for an older baby but rice if you wanted for a younger baby.

I used tinned pears in own juice, pureed, didn't add anything. Pears taste quite sweet, I think that's why they are recommended as a first taste. That and carrots!

thanks ladies. i did apple n baby rice n mill's took 6 spoons! i didn't think she'd take that much, she barely spat any of it out. then she had 2 boobs the greedy lady!!

aaww sounds like she enjoyed it!

elliot wasn't keen on the baby rice alone, but liked fruit baby cereal (we had a free packet off cow and gate to try). he loves fruity things.

keely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->