1st IUI early Dec - anyone else? any advice?

Mrs. Bear

Growing twin baby bears
Reaction score
It looks like I am going to have my first IUI this cycle. Any other ladies out there on the same schedule?

I have pcos so do not ovulate regularly. I am on Femara/Letrozole at 7.5/day cycle days 3-7. I was finally able to start the Femara for this cycle after waiting for a cyst to go away over the past couple of weeks.

My RE thinks it will give us better odds since we were unable to get a BFP even with multiple follies last cycle. I go in for an u/s next Friday. If I am ready then we will do a trigger shot and IUI either Sat or Sun.

Can anyone share stories about the procedure? I'm not really sure what to expect as far as discomfort, what happens after, etc. and thought asking here might give me a variety of real-life experiences.

:dust:

Hi there, good luck with your IUI cycle!

IUI is pretty straightforward, kind of like a smear test, very minor discomfort, but nothing bad at all. And it only took about 10 minutes!!! I was told to keep lying down for about 15 minutes afterwards, then I could go home. Had no discomfort afterwards at all. I also have mild PCOS, I do ovulate but not regularly. And I had femara too.

Hope it all goes ok for you!

Mrs.Bear best of luck!!!!

I just had my 1st IUI and it wasn't bad at all. DH and I got to the office & they gave Hume time to do his deed then we left for 45 min till they "washed" the sperm then flake-y said it's close to a pap where they bring ur cervix up and the they try to insert a catheder (that was the mist uncomfortable to me, nothing u can't handle but def. Uncomfortable) to ur uterus and deposit the semen. They had me stay for 30min with my hips tilted and then we left. I did feel some discomfort when laughing or coughing and a bit of cramping but again nothing u really can't handle.

Best of luck hope everything goes well!!!

Hi, I'm also scheduled for my first IUI this month....I believe if the timing is correct, it'll be sometime at the end of next week. Good luck to us both!

My IUI should be Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I had 5 follicles on my right, 18, 16, 14, and 2 12's. That was on Monday, so the way I figure it I should have at least 2 mature ones by Wednesday and 3 by Thursday. I'm really excited this month. I have a good feeling about it. It would be a really good Christmas present for us!!

My first IUI didn't hurt at all. I was expecting the pain like with HSG because the catheter set-up looked similar. I asked if it was going to hurt and the doc said some people have some cramping but I felt virtually nothing, other that the speculum thing which is always uncomfortable. I was so relieved! I swear afterword I felt some of it coming back out, but they assured me that it was just cervical fluid and not to worry about it. I never really had any cramping until about the 6th day post IUI. I was taking Progesterone though and I read that is a common side effect. I would love to tell you that the IUI worked the first time, but unfortunately it didn't. I think it was less than perfect timing. I also only had one egg to release and it was at 17 the morning before the procedure, but my FH levels had already started to rise so they went ahead and did it. Maybe this will be our month!! Good luck to you!

Good Luck hun!

My 4 IUI's were really easy. Very much like a pap smear and it lasts only seconds. Then you get to lie down for about 5 minutes to give the :spermy:'s a bit of a chance to swim better before gravity hits them. :haha:

Loads of luck to you hun! :dust: :dust:

Thanks everybody! I was a little concerned because my experience with the HyCoSy procedure was awful. I'm glad to hear that it shouldn't be that bad.

I go in for my follicle check tomorrow so hopefully everything will be on track for the IUI over the weekend.

Seejay - how did your IUI this week go? Hopefully this is your month! I'm hoping for a BFP for Christmas too :)

Good luck to everybody - hopefully we will get our BFPs soon!

:dust:

hi mrs bear. i did my ultrasound yesterday and iui today. the worst part was the speculum. trigger shot was painless, ovulation pains are bearable (so far) and the insertion of the catheter was not really noticeable.

if u are ok with speculums then it should be a cake walk.

Hi everybody,

Wanted to stop in and give you an update. Had the IUI this morning. Went well - DH's count was very very good, Dr was pleased. Didn't take much time at all. Felt a lot like a pap test. Some cramping but not nearly as bad as when I had the HyCoSy. Only one follicle on the left so I'm a little doubtful - would feel much better if there were at least one more, but nothing we can do about it now. Feeling kind of neutral - a little hopeful and certainly not as down as the last few days. Hoping to BD tonight as a little insurance but DH and I are both tired. If nothing else I know there are definitely approx 35 million :spermy: doing their best to find that eggy already. So I am officially in the 2WW!

Best of luck to all of you in your 2WW as well :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->