1st IVF cycle in April

mangotango

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hi to everyone. We just started our first IVF cycle. Started lupron last week and last BC pill today. And plan to start stims after my u/s next week. I used to come on here all the time a few years ago when we were TTC with our daughter. I feel like it was "easy" with her as we conceived after our 3rd IUI with donor sperm. Fast forward....we started our IUI process just over 1 year ago. Had a chemical preg at 4.5 weeks, a few failed IUIs and got pregnant in July with IUI....but we miscarried at 11 weeks. We were so excited and didn't expect it. We got the ok to start again in November and after 1 failed IUI and another chemical pregnancy, we finally came to the realization that IVF was the next step. I think it just took us getting to that point because I never thought we would do this or I always thought it was going to be so difficult to do and didn't want to go through the stress of it. Having this last chem preg was very difficult and I didn't think it would affect me so much emotionally. I wanted to cry so much but I also wanted to hold back because I didn't want our 2 year old seeing mommy cry. It is amazing what it feels like to be a mom, and what we will go through to do this and if/when it is successful, it will be worth it. One deciding factor is that my insurance covers IVF, so I take it as a sign we need to try.

I think my biggest stress is trying to drink enough fluids, I am worried about the side effects from stimulation. My other stress is what day the retrieval and transfer will be on. I usually responded well to the combo of letrazole and 3 days of gonal-f injectables with our IUIs, so I am hoping I respond well with this.
For me, all my tests and labs have been great. Our main problem is male factor with my husband having azoospermia, and then the unkown of why chemical pregnancies are occuring. Crossing our fingers with this next step!

Her mango! Goodluck on this protocol, I a excited for you. Drink lots of water, but don't stress too much about it.
I am doing a FET soon, just started my af April 1, and baseline is tomorrow!!!

Hi Mango and Myshelsong!

I'd love to go through this process with you. I'm also going through my first IVF cycle this month. I started lupron on April 3 and hoping to go through egg retrieval this weekend.

I have unexplained infertility and have been TTC for about 5 to 6 years now and have never had a BFP.. Keeping everything crossed for us!!!

Good luck Koj518!
We are transferring this Friday, so we are cycle buddies. Good luck with the retrieval, are you being monitored?

Thanks Myshelsong!

I'm quite new to the IVF scene.. What does it mean to be monitored??

When your clinic does blood work and internal ultrasounds before the actual retrieval so you know what to expect and how your follicles are growing.

Hi mango, Just wanted to stop by and send lots of virtual hugs and love your way. Good luck on this protocol. Like Myshel said, stay hydrated. The injections were not bad for me. I didn't have any horrible side effects. My E2 levels creeped up on me so I only stimmed for 7 days.

-koj518 -Good Luck on your egg retrieval. I was knocked out and couldn't tell you any of that process.haha. I only remember getting dressed to go home.

- Myshel- Im rooting for you. You deserve this. Lots of love and support your way.

I am starting my FET. I am currently on BCP and lupron. My Baseline is next friday. Fingers crossed

Yeah October. So close for baseline.

I am getting excited and terrified. Eating healthy, trying to drink lots but I keep forgetting to. Need some tea or something, I went off coffee for the last few days and going to try to refrain for the next few weeks at least.

- Myshelsong: Yes! I am being monitored! I go in for another scan & blood work tomorrow. At my last scan (2 days ago) I had 3 follicles around 14mm, couple 13mm, another 3 between 10-12mm, and a bunch of smaller ones. I think the Dr said they need to be at least 12mm to be retrieved? so hopefully they've grown a bit more by tomorrow.. Keep me posted on how your transfer goes!!!

- October: Hi!! Looking forward to getting knocked out ;) fingers crossed for your new cycle!!!

Hey everyone! It is great to hear of your experiences! We ended up with a large follicle at baseline ultrasound wit my E2 a little too elevatetd to start, so we were delayed 1 week. The follicle (or cyst?) was still there 1 week later but the same size and not producing estrogen with that lab so we went ahead and started stims on 4/15.
I have had 2 u/s with sizes ranging in 9ish-11 the first one, and today those were in the 12-15 range and then a whole bunch more in the 9-10 range and a whole bunch more smaller ones.
I'm waiting for my phone call but assume I will be back in 2 days and she figured the doc would keep me on the same doses.
I have no idea the criteria for retrieval, I am going to ask when the nurse calls. Are they going to see if the smaller ones all catch up and try to catch those instead of the biggest ones?

I'm doing ok on hydration. I have been mixing water and flavored coconut water which is actually delicious! add some rum and it would be the perfect tropical drink! :) But some days I know I'm not drinking enough fluids. I do have my coffee each morning though!

Koj- how'd your scan yesterday go? and follicle sizes?

October- how was your baseline u/s? Fingers crossed you get to do your FET. I'm clueless on that process! I think I would be pretty disappointed if we had to delay again and do FET, BUT...everything happens for a reason so it's worth it when that baby comes!

Myshel- did you transfer? I want to hear about it!
So far injections are way easier than I thought they'd be. The hardest part is not knowing what days everything will happen! How are the IM injections?? I'm worried about giving that to myself- no way my husband will!

Did anyone have med adjustments?? I started on 150 FSH/gonal F and 150 menopur, no changes yet- unless they call today with a change but nurse didn't think so.

Transfer was today! Feeling super chill, watching Netflix and taking it easy.

When I did IVF, I did have meds adjusted a week in but I can't remember to what. Some do some FET no meds changed his cycle. Just make sure you use the real needle for the big injections. The mixing needle will hurt like crazy if you try hahaha.

Ah so crazy, so excited. Going to be great, really hoping this is our rainbow!
Good luck on your upcoming cycles ladies. You will be pupo soon!!

Mango - My scan went well yesterday! 10mm triple lining, 2 big follicles around 19mm, 2 more around 17 and a bunch more smaller ones ranging anywhere from 10-16mm. It seems my doctor is happy with these sizes so she had me trigger last night (1.5inch needle in my butt muscle!!) so I'll be going in for egg retrieval tomorrow morning. I have no clue what to expect so I don't really know how I feel about the whole situation yet. PS. I never changed my menopure or gonal f doses throughout my 9 days of shots. It sounds like you're at the tail end of your stimulation so it seems unlikely they'll change it at this point?? but that's just novice me talking..

Myshel - congrats on being PUPO!! Fingers crossed!!!

Koj that is so exciting, transfer is soooo soon! Hope you get nice big mature follicles tomorrow! Let us know how they do.

Myshel - retrieval went well! They were able to retrieve 19! Now I just wait and see how many can move on to the next step... fingers crossed!

Mind if I join you? I had egg retrieval yesterday- they got 5 and got a call today to say 3 of them fertilised. Not sure yet whether it'll be a day 3 or day 5 transfer.

Hi Beith :hi: we're only one day apart! yay for your fertilized eggies!

Wow nineteen! Let us know how they do. Hope you get some strong embryos to transfer!!

Hi Beith, that is great three fertilized for you. When do you find out about transfer date?

Afm I am trying to remain calm today, me and hubs of course had a stupid argument because we are both nervous hahaha. But now watching a cheesy funny movie, trying to remain positive! Happy thoughts everyone happy thoughts

Myshel - my results came back! of the 19 eggs, 15 were mature, and 13 fertilized! We are scheduled for a day 5 transfer on Thursday. I hope some grow to be strong embies so I can join your PUPO club!

Oh my gosh! I love the great news from everyone!! I hope this is the month for all of us!!

I triggered last night and return tomorrow morning Wednesday for egg retrieval. There were at least 16 ranging in size 12-23mm with yesterday's scan, and some smaller ones, so I'm hoping for a good result. Oh that needle was huge but I can't believe it didn't hurt at all, I guess the nurse marked my injection spot perfectly! Do you all have to do progesterone injections? Yuck! I cannot imagine doing them for 2 weeks and maybe 11 weeks?! the subcutaneous ones are fine, I'm ok with those, but I do NOT want to be putting them in my muscle every day. It takes a lot to build the courage to do it! So far, that is the plan from my RE.

Koj-13 fertilized sounds great!! Fingers crossed they all keep developing well and for your transfer thursday!

Myshel-glad your transfer went well...crossing fingers for you!

Beith-how did things go? any updates?

mango - your numbers sound great!! wishing you a great egg retrieval tomorrow!! I do take the progesterone in oil shots. The first night I did it, I think I had too many tiny air bubbles from drawing the fluid too quickly and the shot hurt me SO bad. Then yesterday, I took my sweet time drawing the liquid and it felt just like the trigger shot! so in short, make sure there's no tiny air bubbles get in the oil before your injection!! Keep us posted on how your retrieval goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->