1st Midwife App Friday

LilUnxO

Reaction score
I know they take all details of previous medical history + that what goes through yourself + the family .. But what else do they? Pregnant with my first child atm + to be honest I'm not that clued up on what they're gonna do at the first appointment

x

Heya!
I had my first midwife appointment two weeks ago, and yes like you said they ask about previous medical history on you and your partners side.
They also do some blood test and check your blood pressure and a urine test to see how much protein is present (Not sure if all midwifes do all of that but mine did) and also send a letter to the hospital to arrange a scan!
How far gone are you?
X

Congratulations on the baby!

On my first appointment i had:
I had a urine sample taken, a few tubes of blood taken for various tests, my weight taken, family history, medical history, partners details, partners medical history..i was also given healthy start vouchers and a pregnancy book to read..
then i was told my edd, then she said id get a letter for my first scan..That was it!x

Oh okay thanks :)
Well when the midwife rang me she told me they'd be no blood tests taken until my scan I think
So I was just wondering what exactly will they be doing lol
Are partners usually okay going with you to midwife appointments?
Or are they better off just going to scans?
Cos my partner wants to come to every single thing
Btw I'm just over 6 weeks pregnant :)
x

RRight, the blood test thing might be different depending on where your from..
My partner was at work so couldnt come to the first appointment, but i think the midwife was expectin him to come cos she asked where he was and said he was welcome and would like to meet him...so im guessing partners are welcome at all apps and scans..especially since you get to hear the heart beat at every app after your first scan, its nice for the partner to be there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->