1st Midwife appointment: done

OwlBump

Hubby, Son and Bump
Reaction score
Yesterday i (and my OH, he came too) had my first midwife appointment/booking in :thumbup: I'm really pleasantly surprised at how nice my midwife is, i was pretty terrified they were going to shoot me down about this that and the other! We were there for 1hour 15min in the end.

There was an amazingly overwhelming amount of information, I'm glad i filled out my booking question book before i went, We'd have been there all day!

She worked out that i was 9weeks yesterday and said i'm Low risk (Whoop!) though i do have to make sure i manage my weight well, i have a BMI of 38 but she said not to worry unless it goes over 40 because i lost 12kg to get pregnant. Though my Blood pressure is going to be watched a bit more carefully.

I had 3 vials of blood taken results in 2-3weeks
2 urine samples, confirmed the pregnancy and sent off one for analysis
CO reading had a reading of 1 :)
finger pricked for blood glucose and iron test (both normal)
blood pressure twice 1st: 144/80 then 2nd: 114/80

Got given free Vitamins 1 week sample of SevenSeas, 1 week of Pregnacare, some NHS Vit D, and Folic acid. Also getting prescribed 5mg Folic acid to take aswell to pick up monday.

Sending off for my maternity exemption certificate soon too, got the form for that and Waiting for a call from the hospital to book my 12 week scan and back to the midwife at 16 weeks

Sorry this is so long ^^

Glad you had a good appointment. And that's really reassuring that you're low risk. My bmi is 35 so I was expecting to be high risk. Hope mine goes the same as yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->