1st Midwife Appointment

MrsE

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you were taking your OH's to your booking in appointment and will it be worth it?

Won't she just ask loads of question and take blood and weigh you etc.

Charm X

I would have my other half there Charm just the fact I think he should be involved 100% even the little things!

x

I don't really think it's worth his while to come. I think it'll be Health questions and history , blood pressure done, blood taken, and being given a load of leaflets and stuff.

If she did the heartbeat and we could hear it then I'd tell him to come but I think it'll be too early at 10w4d for her to do that.
She might book my 12 week scan though :happydance:

He would love to come but it's hard getting the time off work and if it's not important there's no point. He might as well just come to the scans.
I'll ask him tonight and see what he wants to do, because I don't mind either way.

Charm X

tbh its not worth them going, i woke mine up from nightshift to go and he just sat there like a spare plank!!!! he only came 2 my MW appts after 20 weeks 2 2 hear the heartbeat as every other time was just check ups :D

when i was preganant with morgan i was less than 10 weeks cant remember but i asked the midwife to listen and she heared the babies heart beat fine so i think it might be worth asking spunky xx

I'd want my OH to be there even for the silly things :( :D

hey, my oh is coming to everything....i am so nervous on the lead up and he helps calm me down...i want him there every step of the way, but its easy for him to get time off work to come which is great, i understand it can be hard in some work places....bxox

Just remember they do ask about your partners family medicsl history too, as that could affect things......Good Luck hun! x

my dp didnt come to my 1st one but hes been to a few to hear the heartbeat

I've asked him and if I want him to come he will. He would love to come to every appointment but its hard to get off work and if nothings happening there's really no point. So he's going to come to the important ones like scans and hearing the heartbeat etc.

I'm quite happy to go alone, doesn't bother me in the slightest.
And I know more about his family history than he does (he never listens :lol: ).
So I'm all prepared and just counting down the days.

Thanks for the advice.

Charm X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->