1st month after Mirena removal - is it too soon? What's going on?

Jess_Machine

Reaction score
Hey guys, am hoping to get some advice. I posted here because it sounds like this is what we're doing - not trying, but not preventing. So hopefully people will have some advice.

Apologize in advance for any TMI stuff but I figure this forum is not squeamish about periods right? :p

I got my Mirena removed on Jan 26th. Prior to that I got a very light period on Jan 22-23 (normal for the Mirena, if I got it it was light and short). When I got it removed I had light bleeding Jan 26-27, they said to expect that. Both times were normal reddish color.

We had sex on Feb 5. According to the calendar, my period was due Feb 19. I got it on Feb 14 - but it was mostly brown, which is weird for me. I'm still having some bleeding today Feb 15, but again, brown, and not steady.

Does that sound like implantation bleeding? I figured it was pretty slim that we'd get pregnant right away, but Mirena says it can happen and I've read about people getting pregnant immediately. If it makes a difference, I'm 24, never had a baby. But from what I read implantation bleeding would be the week before you'd expect your period, and brown. But I figure I'm getting my hopes up thinking that.

My thinking is that if the brownish blood was because of the Mirena being removed, it would have happened when I got it removed, or sooner, not 2-3 weeks later, right? Or would it? Has anyone else experienced this after the Mirena being removed? (or any IUD?)

I was planning on waiting and seeing what happens over the next few days. If the bleeding turns into a normal period I will ignore it but if it stops and that's it for the month I think I will test when it's the right time? Which would be around the 19th or so right?

Any advice you guys can offer would be helpful. Thanks :)

Is there a better place to post this question? Or just no ideas?

I guess the brown was from the Mirena or something, because it's back to a normal looking period now.

Oh well.

I just wanted to encourage you, if you are hoping to fall pregnant. I fell pregnant right after my Mirena was removed last year, so it is possibe!

i had my mirena removed 16th december and had very heavy af for about a week, but me and dh didnt start dtd till 18th jan and then af showed up on 23rd and was 36 days long, this is our second cycle of ntnp and i am now having some pink/brown spotting 10days before my af is due (counting the same days as last cycle)

i think the first month u would have to be very very lucky to fall preg tbh i have known it happen to some but most of the time it normally happens on the second or third cycle

so good luck and fingers crossed for you =) xxx

Hi hun, I had my mirena out last October and it took a couple of months to start seeing a regular cycle like my previous ones. I am currently WTT so don't know if I would have caught before now but the last few months I have noticed signs that I'm fertile at my usual time. Don't be alarmed if you don't fall pregnant straight away, sometimes your body needs a little while to start regulating your cycles again.
ood luck x

I'm having my Mirena IUD removed Friday 2/25 and will be NTNP after that. I've had a period every month for about a year now and am due to ovulate on 2/25 based on my previous cycles. I don't think I've actually been ovulating while on the Mirena but at least my cycles are pretty regular so we should hopefully be able to get a BFP relatively soon. We plan to start actively TTC after our wedding 6/25.

Hiya guys I am a newby to this site, came across it while researching conceieving after mirena coil removal.....I thought things were gonna be pretty straight forward but after reading alot of stories I am now really worried!!! I would appreciate any advice or ideas, here goes.....

I had my mirena coil removed last tues (15th), after just under 2yrs, and the previous one back to back in for 4yrs, with no AF at all during that time, maybe the odd spot of blood. Is this normal?? My DP and I would like to try for our first baby together, I am a 35yr old mum of twin girls aged 9, they were conceived naturally after the first try, so I think I feel alittle anxious when I hear all these stories of ladies not getting any AF for 6, 12mths or more!! I have heard that Angus cactus can help does anyone have any experence of this?? Since Tues I have felt cramps, bloating and a spot of blood, but I am really worried that my cycle maybe messed up and take ages to resume.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Hi pinkymumof2! The best thing to do is not to worry for now. It's quite normal for your cycles to take a little while to regulate, no need to panic yet as it has only been out for a week. The women who take 6 months or more to get AF are actually a minority, most women will get back to normal pretty quickly, and even if it takes a little longer, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong. Good luck :thumbup:

Don't worry too much Hun, I also read things about mirena and how long it takes to have a baby or even ovulate after having it taken out were on outlr second month of ntnp and everything is fine but if u are worried like I was buy some opks to make sure u are ovulating and take it from there I had a very heavy af after my mirena was taken out but I always have had heavy af anyway just take things slowly and I'm sure you're body will be back to its self very soon =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->