1st post, off bc pill...any advice?

Daisyrose

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've just found this website and thought I'd join as I think it would be helpful to discuss things with others in the same boat. I tend to overanalyse things and wind myself up, so I would be grateful if anyone has any words of wisdom and/or advice.

I'm 32, from the UK and trying to conceive. I haven't been pregnant before. I was on the combined contraceptive pill for almost 4 years and came off it recently. My withdrawal bleed happened as expected. I then ovulated on day 18 of my cycle (used OPK one step sticks and BBT rise seems to confirm that). My period then turned up on day 24, so I had only a 23 day cycle. I used condoms for this cycle (wanted a pill-free cycle first) so I wasn't expecting pregnancy. At this point, I felt a bit concerned about the short luteal phase.

My second pill-free cycle, I'm not sure if I ovulated. I had a positive result on an OPK on day 17, but my BBT temps and CM don't really seem to confirm this. My temp shifted up on day 18, but up to the sort of temp as when I was on my period previously. My temp then went up again on day 21 and stayed raised until day 27 when it dropped. My period arrived the same day (which in fact is today).

I am a bit disappointed as I was ttc this month, but nevermind, it was only the first month and probably my hormones are still all over the place. For example, I've felt nauseous for the past 8 days or so and my appetite has been very low. I've also had a lot of cramping and I'm sure I didn't have any of this pre-bc pill. I was pleased that my luteal phase has lengthened by 3 days. I know it's still too short, but it's moving in the right direction.

Pre- bc pill, my cycles were typically 27-29 days long. They could be shorter or longer sometimes, but 27-29 days was the norm for me. I'll be honest and say I didn't pay much attention to ovulation...I just recall often getting fertile CM about mid-cycle and also looking 'prettier' at that time.

So right now my concerns are really my short luteal phase, whether I'm ovulating regularly and my CM. Hopefully the luteal phase side of things is sorting itself out. I was thinking of buying pre-seed to help. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks a lot.

I am no pro, but I have heard that opks are quite trustworthy and that CM can be either hit or miss whether you see it or not. It may just be takingyour body some time to even out the hormones. I am on cycle day 13, fresh off the pill as well and still my opks are negative.

my suggestion to everyone is always take aspirin (run it by your doctor first). I tried for years, did 3 IUIs and had 3 losses before I discovered taking aspirin.

Thanks for the responses. :thumbup: I'll look into the aspirin. Hope you get your positive OPK soon, Cadenna!

my suggestion to everyone is always take aspirin (run it by your doctor first). I tried for years, did 3 IUIs and had 3 losses before I discovered taking aspirin.

Why aspirin? How does it help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->