1st time mother

yumumleelou

Reaction score
was TTC for three months, found out we were pregnant before christmas, so i booked into the doctors just to ask what i could and couldn't eat and what pills i should take, (vitamins) the appointment went great but he had ran out of pregnancy tests. (its all good as ive done 4 that turned out possitive)
i rang the doctors yesterday and the lady answering the phone said...
''the refferal letter was only sent today, and the mid wife wont read it or contact you till wednesday''
which is when i am eight weeks into the pregnancy, so what happens next???
am totally clueless!

I wouldnt worry about it to much get prenatal vitamins eat healthy the baby is so little right now it dosent need that much. I didnt get to see my doctor for the first time until I was 11 weeks along it was hard to wait but time starts to pass a little faster once you hit about 10 weeks at least it did for me so hopefully it will for you to:hugs:o Congrats....

I just booked myself into to see the MW when i was five weeks, she then booked to see me again when i was 11 weeks and it seems she wants to see me every four weeks now.

At your first appointment she will just give you lots of info, and weigh you, and make a referral to hospital to have a dating scan if your unsure of your dates.

me too i didnt go to doctors/see midwife til i was 10 weeks.
they prefer to see you after you have missed two periods.
it will soon fly pass, trust us.

i think my date is wrong because my period before the one that didnt come only lasted 2days then came back a day later just for one day. hope that makes sense!

Just say your unsure of your dates anyway, that way you'll get to see the baby early! as at some hospitals they dont let you see baby until 18/20 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->