1st Time Pregnancy. 1st Positive Test

lam12nmayb3

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

Just a few weeks ago, I posted about feeling extremely discouraged about TTC. I took a pregnancy test on Monday just for the hell of it. My period wasn't supposed to start until Wednesday, but I still took it. To no surprise, the test was negative. Well, Wednesday and Thursday came by and still no period. I was 5 days late the month before, so I wasn't too surprised with not getting my period yet. Well Wednesday night/all day Thursday, I started cramping. So I automatically thought, great....my period's coming. Well, Friday morning (today), I decided to take a pregnancy test. I wasn't able to find my glasses first thing in the morning, so when I peed on the pregnancy stick, I saw a faint 2nd line! I assumed my eyes were deceiving me because I didn't have my glasses on....so I took a 6 Days Sooner First Response test which we also had, and I saw a clear two lines!

I'm of course freaking out at this point. I've never had a positive pregnancy test since my husband and I have been TTC. I called my gyno, and turns out they can't see me until March 12 because I need to be at least 6 weeks. The anticipation of waiting two more weeks to find out fore sure if I'm pregnant is killing me!

What do you guys think? I bought a box of clearblue tests today so I'm going to try it tonight to see if I still get a positive result.
I'm really REALLY hoping this is it!!
#feelinghopeful

I think if you are getting positives on more than one that’s a great sign! Was your first response a pink or blue dye? I think generally the pink dye are considered more reliable.

In the uk we don’t see any health care provider until late in the first trimester anyway, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

Chances are the tests you've used are often more reliable than one a Dr would use anyway, certainly here in the uk. Congratulations and try enjoy the next few weeks xx

Congrats!! I know the wait to see the doc is really annoying, but false positives are not likely.

Thank you so much for everyone's encouragement! I'm feeling so extremely hopeful! It's been an insanely long journey.
Just two weeks to go until my appt, but I've taken the First Response digital test, the clear blue test, and another 6 days sooner First Response test all of which said positive. I HOPE THIS IS IT!!

Thank you all for your support and I'm rooting for you guys as well!

@doggylover, I see that your due date for your 3rd is October 23. Although my dr. appt isn't until the 12th, according to my pregnancy app, it looks like my due date is October 25....
How did you confirm your pregnancy??
(This is my first pregnancy)

What do you mean when you say confirm it? Do you mean have it confirmed by a dr? In the UK we don’t have a scan until 12 weeks, so I won’t have that until sometime in April and I guess I won’t really be able to be sure about anything until then.

But the 9 pregnancy tests, morning sickness and already scarily sizeable bump have told me all I need to know 😂 and my date I got from my date of ovulation.

Not that I believe the dates as my kids are lazy and late and have to be evicted weeks after they are due...

oh okay!! well congrats either way! I'm so antsy waiting for my appt on March 12. It can't come soon enough! I was feeling pretty nauseous this past weekend when I first found it, but it's definitely gotten better this week. But the indigestion is no joke!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->