1st trimester light bleeds/spotting

A

aidasmommy

Hey Ladies,

Turning to you girls who have experience.
So I had brown spotting a week and a bit ago - went in for an u/s to see everything was perfect. No more spotting, no cramps assoicated.
Last night, same thing but it was bright red & more blood. Stopped quick, no cramps. I've already emailed the nurses at my clinic (I had IVF) to see if I should come in for an u/s.

Today, no bleeding but my cervix feels sore - prickly feelings. I sorta had this the last time but very mild & not much. Seems more frequent today.

Anyway apparently this is all normal & I had a few people at my clinic say it is. But still has me worried.

i'm finding this cervical prickly feeling odd. It's also my second pregnancy if that helps.

I couldn't say about the bleeding, maybe they'll take you in again to get checked out. But I definitely have had tenderness to my cervix. It's so sensitive when I'm pregnant!

Cervix is highly sensitive in pregnancy due to the extra blood flow. I'd be more concerned about the red blood than the cervix. Hope your nurse gets back to you soon. Hope everything turns out fine. :)

How far along are you? did the US see a heartbeat? If so - it is probably fine, but obviously only way to check all is ok is to go in again x

hi girls, thanks for your replies!

I am 8 weeks & 4 days today....I've been going for weekly u/s and have seen heart beats for the past 3 ultrasounds. Last one I went to was this past Monday. Then the day after, I have the bleed. Maybe because I had the ultrasound w/probe? Anyway I'm still awaiting a response....sigh. I will consider going in tomorrow or Friday.
My first pregnancy, I had NO issues at all. No bleeding, no weird feelings. Nothing. So it's so strange.

I had bleeding at 7ish weeks a few hours after ultrasound internal probe. If baby's been measuring on time, good heartbeat and all that jazz it is more than likely totally fine and just irritation. x

thank you!
I did get a response back that its normal & if I feel I need to, to come in to the clinic. I'll see how the rest of today goes and tomorrow & if nothing's improved or my gut says to, I'll go for an u/s Friday.
Thanks ladies :D

I've been the same, I also had IVF and have had a bleed at 6 and 9 weeks. It stops as quick as it starts and I've had scans after both bleeds and everything is fine. Just had another slight bleed today but I have my 12 week scan on Monday so I'm just trying to stay off my feet, if I get any more though I may pay another visit to the EPU.

Apparently bleeding especially after IVF is common and I am on clexane so it may be just that.
Xxxxx

I've had spotting and bleeds in both pregnancies due to sensitive cervix. Last pregnancy they were more concerned as they couldn't find the cause. After delivery they were able to see I had a cervical ectropian. Had a scan yesterday and baby is fine. My bleeds are for just like a minute with blood dripping in the toilet and then it calms down and turns to spotting for the rest of the day. Things can irritate it like sex or straining for bowel movement (or if the probe hit your cervix) strangely it will disappear for a while and then randomly come back. Mine was pretty bad starting at 8 weeks and someone had mentioned that we get increased blood flow to the pelvis at that time. So maybe that is part of it. Anyway, just wanted to describe mine to see if yours was similar. I was a nervous wreck last pregnancy and much more relaxed about it this time as I know it's probably just my cervix and no threat to anything!

hey there!
I had a bleed (brown discharge) at 6w1. Had ultrasound at 6w4 and all was fine. Had a gush of blood followed by brown discharge at 8w4. Went to md following day who did pelvic exam and stated that there was a ton of brown discharge still present. Did ultrasound and all was well again! She told me I would see discharge for another few days since there was so much.
I haven't had anything since then and am 14w3 today. at 11w1d I heard the heartbeat. My doctor said while its not exactly normal, its very common and happens to a lot of people. She said to worry if it is accompanied with cramps and if bleeding enough to fill a pad every hour to two hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->