1st Ultrasound! 8w2d

JAJuly2013

Mom and Wife
Reaction score
I was so happy to see our little bean yesterday. Dr said baby is developing nicely and has a strong heartbeat of 189. :thumbup:

Attachments

• baby 8w2d oct 30.jpg
    baby 8w2d oct 30.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 15
that's awsome!! i got my first scan this week as well, and today i'm 8w5d

yeah we have another one in 3 weeks for the NT scan. Not sure when the gender scan is - probably not til January. Such a loooong wait!

Lovely!! I called mine a Blob when I had my 7w2d scan. :D That's ONE heck of a strong heart! :D :hugs:

Lovely!! I called mine a Blob when I had my 7w2d scan. :D That's ONE heck of a strong heart! :D :hugs:

LOL yeah it does look like a bit of a blob. But it's a cute blob. :haha:
yeah the heart rate surprised me. I was expecting maybe 170.
The ultrasound tech said that was good but I hope it's not too high...

That;s a nice little Bean you've got in there :)

I was so happy to see our little bean yesterday. Dr said baby is developing nicely and has a strong heartbeat of 189. :thumbup:

YAY!!! Congrats on a beautiful little bean. Isn't that ultrasound so reassuring??? And that's a strong heart beat indeed! It will go down a little bit I think in time...it's right at the peak right now if I remember correctly! That's fantastic news...so happy for you!!! :hugs:

YAY!!! Congrats on a beautiful little bean. Isn't that ultrasound so reassuring??? And that's a strong heart beat indeed! It will go down a little bit I think in time...it's right at the peak right now if I remember correctly! That's fantastic news...so happy for you!!! :hugs:

Thank you!! :happydance:

How are you doing Kelly_11?

I'm doing great! Aside from 23 hour a day nausea and smells driving me crazy I am awesome! :thumbup: Loving every second of this crazy first trimester and surprised really at how fast the time is going now. The first couple of weeks after finding out seemed to drag by, but now...I really feel like it's speeding up! Excited to be showing for reals and not just looking extra thick around the middle by the end of the day!!! :winkwink: My next appointment isn't until November 25 and it will just be a routine check and listening to the heartbeat...which is always a beautiful thing! We didn't tell our kiddos yet but plan to tonight and then go around this weekend and share with family the good news...once all of immediate family knows we will let them know they can share it freely since we don't have facebook but pretty much the rest of them do! I am somewhat dreading telling my sister as she lost a baby girl at 20 weeks to turners a couple of years ago and they haven't been able to conceive since. I know she will power through and congratulate us but I just don't want to break her heart, ya know? So I'm trying to find 'the right' way to tell her!

I'm doing great! Aside from 23 hour a day nausea and smells driving me crazy I am awesome! :thumbup: Loving every second of this crazy first trimester and surprised really at how fast the time is going now. The first couple of weeks after finding out seemed to drag by, but now...I really feel like it's speeding up! Excited to be showing for reals and not just looking extra thick around the middle by the end of the day!!! :winkwink: My next appointment isn't until November 25 and it will just be a routine check and listening to the heartbeat...which is always a beautiful thing! We didn't tell our kiddos yet but plan to tonight and then go around this weekend and share with family the good news...once all of immediate family knows we will let them know they can share it freely since we don't have facebook but pretty much the rest of them do! I am somewhat dreading telling my sister as she lost a baby girl at 20 weeks to turners a couple of years ago and they haven't been able to conceive since. I know she will power through and congratulate us but I just don't want to break her heart, ya know? So I'm trying to find 'the right' way to tell her!

I'm glad you are doing well! have fun breaking the news to your kiddos and immediate family, that is so fun and exciting! I can imagne how hard it may be for your sister to hear you are pregnant. I wish I had some advise for you to help break it gently. I'm sure she will be happy for you. As long as you can be patient with her if she starts feeling a little sad I think everything will be ok!

I know...I'm pretty sure she will hold it together and not show her sadness in front of us...I just feel bad for how she will feel once we're gone and for the weeks and months ahead. My hubby is convinced that my side of the family (besides my other sis who will be excited no matter what) isn't going to be as genuinely happy for us and deep down wish it was them who were pregnant...I don't know if I really think that or see them being that way but I am sure they will feel the same sadness for her and her hubby that I do. But ultimately I don't think it will take away from their excitement for our baby. I know his mom and dad will be happy and all but one of his siblings will be (but they are in their own little world and we hardly see them anyway)...I am just so excited to tell our kiddos most of all! We went to the library and conveniently enough my daughter wanted to check out a book about a newborn baby so I think we might read it to them tonight and then share our secret! Thanks for asking how I was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->