1st ultrasound

Desi's_lost

baby girl,boy and me
Reaction score
Is scheduled for Friday. Cos I have no insurance out here, I had to go through a crisis center for a referral so it's a bit early but I'm excited. I've been under so much stress lately it would be nice to get to see that baby is looking normal. There is also a small chance that my dates are off so ill be glad to know once and for all.

Appointment was 1:30, it's just about 3 -.- all they've done is my blood pressure and weight.
94lbs with my shoes on o_O not even two months ago I was 98lbs. Given I still had a little milk then but not 5lbs worth. Bit surprised.

The nurse said something about all pregnant women are entitled to insurance so that sounded promising, said she'd dig up some info for me.

Will update again after I've actually had the scan. Nurse said there was one person ahead of me, pretty sure she's getting a 20 week scan so I'm sure it'll be at least another half hour.

Done! Healthy baby that matches my dates.
Got little pictures. Sinh wasn't too impressed cos you can't see much but I'm still happy.
The doctor had to come in after though and say there's a blood clot or something behind my uterus or something? I didn't really understand. I made her explain it better though and she said that people with that have a slightly higher risk of MC :/ that was nice to hear. "Healthy baby but basically panic if you have cramps or bleeding" -.-

I'll try to upload the pics if I ever get on the laptop.

Its probably a subchronic hematoma which isnt much to worried about, though I had one with coltin, bled out, freaked and the er told.me I was miscarrying. Obviously was not miscarrying! Glad everything is well Desi! One good thing going on atleast :hugs:

That sounds right!
Did they really?! That's horrible! How could they tell you that without being sure!

Idk!!! My hcg was almost at 22,000, and he said that since there was no heartbeat, i was miscarrying. Mind you, I was between 5+5-6 weeks! He sent me home with a copy of the scan report. Turns out, I had a sch, which he didnt mention either btw, that was changing the shape of my gestational sac so the radiologist couldnt see much! I dont even think he read the scan report. I completely detached.myself only to walk into my actual.doctors.office a month later, to find I was measuring perfectly, and the baby had a heart beat, was fine. I was so.happy and yet so upset with the er!

That had to be so awful :(
Did it effect how you cared for Emma? The dr gave me a very strange look when she asked if I still picked up Syri and told me to take it easy. That left me very confused, I can't exactly neglect my child =P

I was told to be careful, they called it a threatened mc, not to lift etc, but because i expected to be over anyway, and was already entirely crushed, I just did what I wanted anyway. They tried telling me I wasnt to go trick or treating with my kid...as if. My actual midwife, even though the sch had absorbed by then, told.me how common it is, and to.not worry etc

Not to go trick or treating..is that suppose to be strenuous? o_O umm unless it qualifies me for temp disability, there's no way I can get around working.. I won't be lifting Syri as much but I still won't be able to do nothing ya know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->