2 corpus luteum

jujusflo1986

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just got a bfp last week and Im currently 5w3d today. I had an early scan on wednesday at 5weeks and the obgyn mentioned that there was 2 corpus luteum in my left ovary. But he saw only a small gestational sac in uterus. He said not to worry about it, that it wasnt significant.
I google the 2 corpus luteum scenario and it mentioned that there is a possibility of twins pregnancy.
Have anyone experienced this?
What was the outcome please?

Hi all,
Just got a bfp last week and Im currently 5w3d today. I had an early scan on wednesday at 5weeks and the obgyn mentioned that there was 2 corpus luteum in my left ovary. But he saw only a small gestational sac in uterus. He said not to worry about it, that it wasnt significant.
I google the 2 corpus luteum scenario and it mentioned that there is a possibility of twins pregnancy.
Have anyone experienced this?
What was the outcome please?

It's possible you released two eggs and either only one was fertilized or only one implanted. That or they didn't pick up the sac because it was too early. It's been enough time now though, have you had another scan since?

Hi all,
I totally forgot about this thread. Yes I did have a private scan on Friday, and one heartbeat. It seems I ovulated twice or something, since I used clomid I dont think thats unusual.
I was keep track of ovulation with US. On CD 10 I was feeling terrible left sided pain like when I ovulate ( which is very rarely) had a scan n doc said I missed ovulation as he saw the follicle collapsing into corpus luteum.
I was gutted at 1st, then I thought but it was 2 early and I knew my body. The 2 previous times ive been pregnant I felt similar pains. So, I said to hell with him. DTD every day from then, and voila BFP.
So, maybe another ovulation came around then..:shrug:

Yeah that would make sense. It's very possible to have ovulated twice. Esp on clomid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->