2 day old baby.. How much formula?

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I've moved over to this board now with my little baby girl who was born Thursday night. I started breastfeedinh but she wasn't latching on and I didn't like not knowing how much she was having.

Anyway, she is feeding probably every 4 hours or so but is only taking 1 or 2ozs. Is this ok? As it says 3ozs on the box.

At 2 days old I wouldn't worry to much, if she was still hungry I'm sure she'd let you know! It's also normal for babies to loose weight in the first week so please don't worry if when she gets weighed at a week old she's lighter then she was at birth :) you'll probably find as she gets older her appetite will increase.

If u intend to bf don't use formula or your milk won't come in.

Let bubs figure it out and as pp said its normal for them to lose weight

Thomas would only take that much too. It's normal. Their stomach at that age are about the size of a marble.

1-2 oz is enough. Actually their stomachs aren't really 2 oz in size until about 10-14 days, so little and often is best. Just feed her what she wants when she wants it on demand. Don't stress about the amounts. It doesn't mean much and no baby will eat the same.

1-2 sounds good. I would feed every 2 to 3 that young. I was told to wake them up. By 2 weeks by LO was eating 4 oz. That's when I introduced formul; he was a chunk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->