2 days till induction, team yellow, no names???

gumb69

No.3 on its way
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I could never understand how people had babies and then didn't have a name picked!! Well, now i understand.

I am being induced in two days, DH has a few names floating in his head, like Alice/Annie or Greg/Tom.

None of these are screaming pick me!!

I don't want a really popular name this time, sounds daft when our lo is called Chloe and is a top 10-20 name.

Our surname is awkward starting with McN.

Any suggestions please???

I know that if I don't have anything in my head I will just agree with dh in the delivery room. I want to feel inspired!!! Arrrgh help :hugs:

Have you any preference on styles of names?
traditional/modern american/english etc?

my top names for our boy are

Zachary (zac)
harrison
jacob
caleb
logan
lochlan

for girls we had

hallie
gabriella
hadley
Sophia
ava
cora
harper

Well here was our not so short lists for boys and girls, maybe it could help? We also liked a lot of names that could work with either gender we thought so they might appear on both lists. :)

Boys:
Landon
Logan
Ari
Jax
Jaxon
Louis
Ace
Dexter (NN Dex)
Sawyer
Preston
Killian
Tate
Nathaniel (NN Nate)
Levi
Cash
Colt
Emmett
Lee
Camden
Drew

Girls:
Marley
Arlo
Grace
Camdyn
Logan
Delilah
Scarlett
Charlotte
Nova
Mercer
Marlow
Rory
Logan
Ari
Indigo (Indie)
Lennon
Sawyer
Preston
Fallon
Lee
Zoey

Thanks a million ladies. There are def a few I like off your lists. Dh is traditional, doesn't want a long name as our surname is awkward. I want something that is a bit different but not crazy, and also the gender is easily identified. Not asking much am I?????

I'll post a few girl names i've come across while trying to name this one. There are just a few that i remember now either from family who have just had baby's or what i like, so a real mix.

Felicity
Elsa
Amy
Ella
Maci
Eden
Lilly
Lilla
Ava
Charlotte

Ella
Ava
Sofia
Eden
Lilianna/Lilliana
Grace
Darcy
Maya
Rose
Evie
Molly
Millie

Brody
Jack
Kyle
Tate
Finn
Flynn
Archie
Max

We were team yellow with both of ours, DS's name was on our list but not a massive contender, but once we met him it just seemed to be his name. Don't stress about not having names yet because you might find that one just clicks when you see LO.
Have you checked out Nymbler? You can put in names you like and it will give you suggestions for others you might like.

we had:

Boys:
Logan
Theo
Jaxon
Oscar
Myles

Girls:
Charlotte
Evelyn
Nora
Orla
Zoey
Callie
Aria

Thanks for all your suggestions. I will check out nymbler. 1 day until my induction, the day is going sooo slowly. Getting my hair washed and blow dried this afternoon and eye brows waxed and a lash tint. Waste of time getting hair done I know, as I was will be sweating like mad tomorrow.

We were team yellow too. Dd want named until after she was here a few hours. None of the names on our list were used

I love Annie one of my favourite!

We are using Eliza or Max depending on team pink or blue.

Others we like are

Albert
Benjamin
Zach
Isaac
Charles
Noah

Eloise
Rosa
Polly
Molly

Users who are viewing this thread