#2 easier or harder to conceive?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by J_and_D, Jan 12, 2020.

1. J_and_D

J_and_D Member

Took us 2 years for our 1st. Hes 10 months and we're looking to try for #2. Im 37 next month so we don't want to wait long. Was it easier for #2 if you had a hard time the 1st time around?

2. OnErth&InHvn

OnErth&InHvn Mom to 4

It didn't get longer and harder until #3.

3. HLx

HLx Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3

My first two were conceived while taking the pill, but my 3rd took 4 months

4. Suggerhoney

Suggerhoney 40 and wtt 2021

I think it just depends hon. Just because it took u a while to conceive ure first doesnt mean it will take that long to conceive ure second. I hope it happens supper quick for you this time around. I'm 40 and my youngest is almost 4 months old. Thought it wud take a long time to conceive because of my age (I was 39) but it happened the first month we started trying' where as it took us 4 months to conceive our other son when I was 30.
    Good luck

5. Lightning7

Lightning7 Well-Known Member

Took 2 cycles for my first pregnancy, had a MC, then conceived again 1st cycle trying and got my son.

Now TTC #2 And so far on cycle #4 with nothing yet, so for me it's harder 2nd time around :-( but i know of women who had a hard time with #1 and easily conceived #2 so I think it can go either way!

6. Bevziibubble

Bevziibubble Well-Known Member

my second took a shorter time. It's different for everyone.
    Good luck :)

7. dirufangirl

dirufangirl Well-Known Member

Well in my experience, #2 has been way harder. Though my situation isn't exactly normal since I use donors. My first was conceived after 3 cycles (but I think timing was off for the first two). I conceived again the first time, but mc. Since then I have turned 35 and it seems like my fertility plummeted. I have been trying since July with no luck so far. Good luck, I hope you get a bfp soon