2 hours trying to find HB on doppler and nothing!

lora123

Reaction score
So today I eagerly awaited the arrival of my doppler and spent two hours (yes really) trying to find the heart beat and nothing except the whooshing of my heart beat!

Now I know it's super early and I shouldn't worry, but others have found the heartbeat from 8 weeks on the sonoline b and made no inclination of having to spend hours to do so!!

Where I live a midwife wont even try to find it till gone 16weeks because it is notoriously hard and then just causes worry, and that's someone who is trained to do it!

This is the second pregnancy I am using the sonoline. I don't find the heartbeat each time but I try not to panic. I put the machine away and try again later. Finding the heartbeat for the first time is the hardest! It took me over half an hour when I finally managed and it still takes me about that long now even though I have an approximate idea of where to look.
Next time, try when your bladder is full. That should push your uterus further out of the pelvis. I find my baby's heartbeat slightly to one side and I have to put a bit of pressure on the probe, angling it back towards my lady bits.
Maybe try again tomorrow?

Yea I'll try again tomorrow.
Was just so excited wanted to hear it today :-(

It took me a little while to find, it was actually behind my own pulse which was tricky.
9 weeks and under is actually not that common to be able tofind the heartbeat, your uterus may still be tucked right away down behind your pubic bone.
Xx

I didn't hear it until gone 12 weeks with my first and they say 16 weeks really so you may have to wait a while

I couldn't find it til 14 weeks. Dr said my uterus was still low at 13 weeks. At 14 weeks it was literally right at my pubic bone - so no wonder I couldn't find it before. Keep trying but def no need to worry! It really depends on your body and location of the baby at the time. I found it this morning and then tried 5 min later to find it again and I couldn't. I tried for like 20 min. Tried again an hour later and it was there. They still have plenty of room to hide when they are little!

Maybe wait a few days/a week and try again.
Have you looked up tip and videos on you tube? Xx

9 weeks is too early to hear it. Baby is TINY

Yes watched loads of the youtube clips.
I'm gonna wait now a week or so and try again.
Thrown up twice this afternoon (only ever thrown up in am so far) so think baby is trying to tell me all is fine lol.

I think I was ten weeks before I heard the hb and then not every time with the same Doppler as you

I watched a lot of those you tube clips too and in a lot of them it's obvious that what they are hearing is their own heart pumping blood through their bodies than the babies heartbeat

Best sound ever though, enjoy listening soon xx

Around the same time as you, I spent 2hrs trying to find baby's hb the day I got my doppler. Nothing. Tried twice the next day (~30 min) and found it.

Even now, it can be hit & miss- I often lose it almost as soon as I find it. Sometimes takes me a few min to find, but occasionally I have been in the exact spot I needed to be right when I turned it on.

Good luck!

I've not found mine yet hun. Im waiting till tuesday for my scan to see where baby is laid.. but im not expecting to find it myself till 16 weeks or after x

Around the same time as you, I spent 2hrs trying to find baby's hb the day I got my doppler. Nothing. Tried twice the next day (~30 min) and found it.

Even now, it can be hit & miss- I often lose it almost as soon as I find it. Sometimes takes me a few min to find, but occasionally I have been in the exact spot I needed to be right when I turned it on.

Good luck!

Exact same as me sometimes 10 min or more but today put it right on the hb right away

I bought an Angelsounds doppler... not a fancy one... and still waited until 16 weeks so I wouldn't be disappointed. I strongly recommend buying the conductive jelly that they use for ultrasounds... and trying to listen WAY closer to your pubic bone that you think. That being said... I would wait until at least 14 weeks for your sanity! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->