2 hr long feed

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
My baby's early morning feed has been going on for 2 hours+

Is this a cluster feed or is it because I haven't eaten yet today?

I'm exhausted! I keep planning to wake up before her so that I could shower and change, maybe grab a bite to eat but she wakes up before me every time!

Sounds like clusterfeeding to me. Get comfy :) Your supply will probably increase over the next couple days.

My LO does this all the time, a mixture of cluster feeding & comfort sucking. I feed on demand but I've started to know the difference between her feeding & comfort sucking. As long as I've got no appointments or plans, which generally I don't, I just let her suck.

I've recently been told to "force" a dummy on my LO to stop cluster/comfort feeding on a night as apparently it's not good for me ??? I should get my LO into a 3hourly routine ... I've obviously not taken their advice & she won't take a dummy anyways, shre prefers her hands, clothes, my hands, my clothes haha.

Oh & with regards to not eating, I tend to prepare a sandwich or cereal & a large bottle of water before I sit down to feed. I just put a blanket or towel over LO & manage to eat over her. With my supply not being great I can't really miss meals incase not eating lowers my milk more.

Oh & with regards to not eating, I tend to prepare a sandwich or cereal & a large bottle of water before I sit down to feed. I just put a blanket or towel over LO & manage to eat over her. With my supply not being great I can't really miss meals incase not eating lowers my milk more.

Yeah my LO doesn't take a dummy either, but I'm not worried about that.

I hear you there. I also can't miss meals because it does seem to affect my supply...but that's just a feeling.

I tend to do a lot of snacking. I hate getting really hungry and being stuck on the couch with a hungry baby and a toddler!

I wish I could say it was healthy snacks, but hey, what are you going to do lol

I know! My snacks aren't often healthy either!

I can't leave drinks/snacks on/near the sofa as my one year old tries to steal them :(

I am sitting here scoffing fruit and nut chocolate as we speak. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"